Symbian Anna Impressions Thread

tronman10

Banned
Hi Guys,

Now that Symbian Anna is available widely , what are your impressions of the OS ? I think the split screen qwerty keyboard is quite good on my x7.

Lots of overall improvements everywhere. I really like the phone even more with the update.

How has your opinion been ?

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Yeah, very true. This Anna update is really great. My brother has got it on his C7 and it has nearly transformed the whole device into something else. It's quite eye-pleasing and the performance has increased with this update. But, however, for some reasons the switching of homescreens has become a bit sluggish after the update. Otherwise this is overall a great update.

sumit269

Broken In
My experience has not been so good with anna
1. My phone restarts a lot nowadays. And its annoying to the core.
1. Battery life has reduced a little in my opinion.
3. nothing much really added other than the browser change and NFC. Email has changes only related to the colour of the background and a few terms
4. Mainly icon changes which were available before the anna update.

Overall not really happy with anna update. Expected a lot more.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ where you got that news? Belle was announced & everyone started cooking their own news about it. in realty, it'll be very much like Android in Nexus Series. Nexus S launched with Android 2.3 & N1 getting it after a few months.

sumit269

Broken In
hard reset?? cant afford to lose any data now.. and no time for backup and restore at all... btw the hardreset would get my back to symbian^3 rite?

OP
T

tronman10

Banned
Keep the power button pressed down for a few seconds, it will buzz three times. Soft reset done. Should fix your problems.

GERMZ

Banned
Thanks for that advise Tronman , worked on my phone as well. Overall i'm quite loving the Anna update. It adds some much needed features improvements.

GERMZ

Banned
Have you guys tried out the splitscreen qwerty keyboard ? The prediction seems to have improved drastically ! I can type without even looking at the keyboard now !

Top Bottom