svchost.exe crashes and no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivanesan

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
For last 2 days im facing this problem....... i installed a new pci sound card from zebroics it uses Some ES Maestro driver... as my 915gav onboard was not working...... since tht i started getting svchost.exe error

C:\DOCUME~1\siva\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5604.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\siva\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5604.dir00\appcompat.txt

As show in > Event Viewer > Application > Error
Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module netapi32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0000a3c0.

after this error sound went of in the system but the windows sounds scheme alone were playing....... my winamp and others will not play sound after this error......... no problem in net connection also.

I have tried replacing the sound card with another pci sound card from intex this one uses yamaha sound driver....... but still the problem continues.

As most of my applications related with sound i cant work in my projects.... pls help.

Also there is something in startup svchost32.exe is it a genuine file or ??

I have Mcafee with latest patch..... it says nothing when scanned

Regards
Sivanesan

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes svchost32.exe is a virus.
Mind svchost.exe is a windows system application ,but svchost32.exe is a virus.It is generally located here
%System%

OP
S

sivanesan

@ Ravi
actually there is no svchost32.exe in the system.... only a entry was there........ i have removed this entry from startup........ let me see what happens......

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
Go to windows>system32>MRT
This the windows malicious software tool and scans the windows folder for any software changes.

anandk

Distinguished Member
run ur junk remover (ccleaner) to remove junk files and residual registry entries and reboot. if problem stl persists, post ur hjt logfile.

OP
S

sivanesan

hi buddies, thanx for the support...... after removing the entry of svchost32.exe, this error has stopped....... is there anything apart from this i have to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom