Suse 10.1, Winxp, Ntfs: Clarification Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Come get Some
i am not able to make it to desktop

what i did is changed my display settings. it ask me to restart to see the changes. i did
after that i cant get it to gui. dos kinda interface i can

i've installed both GNOME AND KDE and choosed GNOME as default

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IF you have your monitor's manual around. Follow Satissh S's how-to for editing Xorg.conf manually in this section. It won't be too difficult. If you don't get it, then wait till someone else can show you some other utility for configuring the display. I am not so aware of the other tools offered by Suse.

praka123

left this forum longback
u can switch btw GNOME and kde using switchdesk utility...also possible by editing /etc/gdm.conf ....(gEEky way:eek:).

while configuring display it always come handy if u know the horizontal and vertical refresh/frequencies.also what is ur video card? if u want desparetly to a GUI or DE,perhaps editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf or choosing using sax2 "vesa" driver for video card will do.for nvidia cards u may need their GFX drivers rpms from their site afaik.

i used suse linux long back so use some suse users help also:)

OP
DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Come get Some
thanks for the GNOME <-> KDE Information. i've solved my DISPLAY probs my self, one can change the display settings using "sax2" from console mode

OP
DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Come get Some
hi there

I've mounted my drives c d e f g in SUSE 10.1 and they are shown in my computer

but i cant access them

help me out Brothers and Sweet Cheeeks

I Reallllly Neeeeedddddddddddd Heeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppp Regardddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg Tttttthiiiiiiiiiiis.

Last edited:

mehulved

You mean you can't see the contents of the drive or you can't write to the drive?
Since you said you have all ntfs partitions you will need some tool like ntfs-3g or ntfs-static or something to write to ntfs partition.

OP
DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Well i can see the content of the drive while loging through "root" though cant write or update .
but when i login through my login i cant even access the drives

any reso. for this .

mehulved

You will need to add umask=000 to the line corrosponding those drives in the file /etc/fstab.

OP
DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Come get Some
it is present there
the drives are visible in my computer when logged through mine login but when try opening them, cant do it.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@DukeNukem, You can do one thing. Convert one of your Windows partitions to FAT32.
And use the FAT32 partition for saving files when using Linux, if you want to access the
files from both Windows & Linux. Then FAT32 is the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom