Survival after bsod...

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
HEY GUYS!!!
i just lived through a BSOD and have no idea how i managed to come across it in the first place..i have a few doubts about this:
1> can a VIRUS cause a BSOD? ( cause i got my HDD scanned at my dad 's office and it showed 2500+ viruses .. possible???)

2> can un-updated system drivers,programs, cause BSOD?

3>if its a virus can it transfer from HDD TO another?.....( cause my external HDD is now in risk)

thanks!!
-------------------------------------------

setanjan123

In the zone
HEY GUYS!!!
i just lived through a BSOD and have no idea how i managed to come across it in the first place..i have a few doubts about this:
1> can a VIRUS cause a BSOD? ( cause i got my HDD scanned at my dad 's office and it showed 2500+ viruses .. possible???)

2> can un-updated system drivers,programs, cause BSOD?

3>if its a virus can it transfer from HDD TO another?.....( cause my external HDD is now in risk)

thanks!!
-------------------------------------------

Since u say the hdd had 2500 virus it is likely that the BSOD happnd becoz of that. And yes viruses can transfer frm one hdd 2 another. u better get that hdd scanned. get a good antivirus. Smethn like avast free ed+self protection measures nd u wil be safe

OP
amruth kiran

amruth kiran

so its CAUSE OF EXCESSIVE VIRUS NOT A BSOD VIRUS??
can too many installed programs cause a bsod too?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
lots of things can cause BSOD apart from hardware issue :

1. newly installed apps, updates.
2. Hardware drivers.
3. Emulator apps.
4. of-course virus

anyway, 2500+ virus - time to do a full format of the HDD and re-install the OS and if possible it's high time you use Linux ;-)

OP
amruth kiran

amruth kiran

lots of things can cause BSOD apart from hardware issue :

1. newly installed apps, updates.
2. Hardware drivers.
3. Emulator apps.
4. of-course virus

anyway, 2500+ virus - time to do a full format of the HDD and re-install the OS and if possible it's high time you use Linux ;-)

well thanks for your replies and yea iam all clear of viruses both internally and externally( HDD i mean )... no need of os reinstall -quick heal did its job. :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Post exact BSOD code, so that any specific help can be given to you.
Or, posting dump file may be of good help.

Top Bottom