Support for Geforce 8600GT?

warrior047

In the zone
Friends,

Had bought an XFX Geforce 8600 GT in 2008. Was running fine untill recently till 4 mnths ago when My mobo got bricked. When mobo was repaired and everything seemed to run fine, my card was getting insanely hot which caused my system hang many a time. When I remove, it was fine.

After some time, had an issue with the CMOS and now the system works fine. But my card doesn't work as needed with the fan not running properly. Technician said motor not working after cleaning the fan which was full of dust?

Where can I get my card repaired? Guess the warranty is over but where is this card supported in Hyderabad? Nvidia doesn't have an XFX now on their board!

Can this issue be fixed? If so how? What might be the cost for my card to get repaired based on the issue? Please suggest

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
take it to any computer hardware shop and ask for any old not working GPU. if they have ask them or yourself change the fan.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - you can also try this method :
Fan maintenance - oiling bearings for fun and profit!

OP
W

warrior047

In the zone
the fan doesnt rotate properly...inspite of dust cleaning...pls confirm so that can talk to technician as needed

Top Bottom