SUPER Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

quixand

Right off the assembly line
SF4AE takes you back to those 64bit gaming days as far as Menu navigation etc and character selection is concerned. Extremely retro.

Gameplay is same, well almost.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
vamsi_krishna,
r u playing SSF4 for PC.if yes then do post your experience & comparison with previous SF4 (PC)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yes. /me playing PC version.

And, yes.. there are plenty of differences.

New opening and ending sequences for all the characters and the game.

New artworks in mainmenu and submenus.

14new characters

a bonus round after stage 3 which asks you to smash a car. And another one after stage 6 which asks you break the barrels. Both are cool. Easy to get into.. difficult to complete.

Chanllange mode has been changed. Now, instead of 6 levels which had set of combo challenges, now... there are 21 levels which will have one combo each. Nice way to get know a character

Yes, there are some balance changes and hitbox changes. But, most of the entry level players will not even recognize it. Few character's attack damage has been reduced and I noticed few more attacks taking more than usual frames to complete.

Also, each and every character now has new moves, special combos. I only tried with couple of characters. And all of them had a new uber cool super and ultra combo. Including normal attacks.

I lost the count. But there are handful of new stages. Venues here are more dynamic than the venues in original SF4.

Visually the game feels same. But runs a lot lot better.

I wasn't much into the game due to some work. I'll add any differences that I've found later.

In a word... SSF4 has changed a lot from SF4. :)

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^^vamsi thanx for the info
& what abt Bugs & FPS performance?

so which one u like SF4 or SSF4?

me too will be getting it soon :hyper:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^ Do you play with a controller ?:smile:

Yes controller. :) Keyboard is a good medium too. But I got used to controller. Can't switch to KB. But, Some one is starting new.. they can do well with keybard. Key movements like half circles and quarter circles are easy to pull off with keyboard.

^^vamsi thanx for the info
& what abt Bugs & FPS performance?

so which one u like SF4 or SSF4?

me too will be getting it soon :hyper:

No bugs. This game is fine tuned to max. With a C2Q Q8200, 4gb DDR2 and a HD 4890 with maxed 1080p setting I'm always getting 100+ frames. So, Its a sweet performer I say.

I liked this one more than SF4. Because this is basically SF4+more bad assary. :p

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^Thats y like Capcom so much.I think they have soft corner for PC gamers even though they develop more for consoles.

Hope Namco will do the same with Tekken

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Even i'm waiting for that to happen but is highly unlikely.:sad:

I am a huge tekken fan & an expert in JIN KAZAMA.:razz:

TekkenXstreetfighter & StreetfighterXtekken will allow both franchises to marry. They will be incredible fighting games having best of both worlds.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
IMO.. both will take a back seat to a less familiar game named "Virtua Fighter". A game which can only played by the people who know how to play the game. In games like SF, Tekken, MK, we can see absolute rookie players taking on moderate and entry level players just by mashing some random buttons. But, that won't happen in Virtua Fighter. Button mashing will only make you a sitting duck. Not to mention no fireballs, no jumping 30 feet into the air.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I am rookie at best in this game but still SSF4 is better than SF4 for sure. Visuals are improved, new characters with new moves (saw on videos was never able to execute:))), nice cinematics and all.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
IMO.. both will take a back seat to a less familiar game named "Virtua Fighter". A game which can only played by the people who know how to play the game. In games like SF, Tekken, MK, we can see absolute rookie players taking on moderate and entry level players just by mashing some random buttons. But, that won't happen in Virtua Fighter. Button mashing will only make you a sitting duck. Not to mention no fireballs, no jumping 30 feet into the air.

Hmmm i guess the last game was virtua fighter 5 launched first for xbox 360 & then ps3.

Never played that game though.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I got the game..but there is one problem

the keyboard buttons r all messed so when I customize it according to me & try to press escape key it doesn't allow me to go back it displays this OK message
"Not all required keys are mapped"

Top Bottom