SunDirect to start HDTV broadcast in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Announced via a full page advert in the TOI today. [Mumbai Edition Last page.]

Its very expensive currently. 10K for the set top box + 100 per month per HD channel. Plus a very limited choice is available. However its bound to get cheaper with competition and time.

No technical details are provided but we can assume it will be a 720p broadcast.

Big wigs like DishTV, TataSky and BigTV should join the race soon too.

More details:
*www.sundirect.in/HD/index.php

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
10k for setup box ?

i dont think its that worth..

a simple calculation though...

subscribe for a 512 kbps ul bb and you can download more 720p videos ( i am mentioning about free videos found on vuze network *** COUGH *** )

and you can download for 10 months... and you will save nearly 5k for the extra 100 rs for each hd channels...

Currently 2 South Indian Service (Tamil / Telugu) – 24 hrs entertainment are available with Sun Direct HD service. We are tying up with National Geographic and Discovery channel soon.

OMG I DONT WANT TO SEE SOME SOAP SHOWS WITH LOADS OF CRYING IN HIGH DEFINTION ...

LEAVE ME ALONE

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i would love to see discovery , nat geo and hbo / star movie in HD..

i aint gona buy it sun ..... and if we dont .. i dont think any one will

coz here are the reason

---- very low HD tv penetration in india
---- Very low knowledge of HD in india
---- Very costly
---- even if he is geek... he would prefr the BB download ... not a crappy 10k HD for crying show !!!

shashank_re

In the zone
^^Well those 2 Channels(1 each in Telugu and Tamil) are Movie channels...
Blindly don't come to any conclusion that they will broadcast some soaps in HD.

Anyways you people are really crazy. Till they launch the service you keep crying that no DTH is intersted in providing HD. and when they do it now, you again cry that it is expensive..they will broadcast soaps and all....

Be happy that Sun Direct has taken initiative to atleast 'Start' HD in India..
Forget abt the price and content..
All this will improve once the competition increases..

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Do you guys remember how much the 'primitive' Nokia "Brickphone" cost initially? And how much you spent for a minute? Think two or three years from now how HD would be. (Though, years after introduction and even after offers, DTH has not fared that well, not even comparable)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^Well those 2 Channels(1 each in Telugu and Tamil) are Movie channels...
Blindly don't come to any conclusion that they will broadcast some soaps in HD.

Anyways you people are really crazy. Till they launch the service you keep crying that no DTH is intersted in providing HD. and when they do it now, you again cry that it is expensive..they will broadcast soaps and all....

Be happy that Sun Direct has taken initiative to atleast 'Start' HD in India..
Forget abt the price and content..
All this will improve once the competition increases..

so if tom some company comes and tell you that they offer 4G , which for you is latest and unseen in india... you take it without askinga question huh ?? and even if they ask you 1 lakh rs for a month , you will pay ?

come on ... no one is crazy... here..

who wants a HD channle which doesnt have that much HD content , to pay a 10 k Rs and 100 Rs per channel

*i44.tinypic.com/29b0h29.jpg

And how many tamil/telugu films can be upscaled ?

only for the films filmed say 3-5 yrs before can look good.. other than it ??

more over , they just said tamil movies .. are they mentioning ktv ? movie channel ? have anyone seen it all time ? its most time old movies...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom