Summer is comin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldip10

In the zone
Hey now that summer is coming I want to know how do you keep your pc cool and workin... I blew up my memory card of 4MB during last summer while I was having a P2 Processor;;;;; :( :( :( :(

Plz help me to get a way to keep pc cool :roll: :roll:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I guess .eeerrrrrr......wrong section....should be in h/w section or tuts section if anyone is giving tuts on this subject.... :)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
WELL , I JUST GOT COOLER MASTER ULTRA VORTEX FOR MY 3.2 PRESCOOT - SOCKET 478 --FOR 1.7 K ... 100 % LOAD TEMP HAS NEVER GONE OVER 50 DEGRESS.. :lol: ..

WAY BETTER THAN THE CRAPY INTEL STOCK COOLER ... :lol:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yea its always a problem . I bought my system last summer and it gave me sleepless nights :( . I usually keep my system open and during summer the celing fan will always be on. I usually get lots of words from my mom like "God you are ruining your computer" etc etc :D he he but i simply ignore it :p.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
simple for me at our cafe... (last year we had lot of power cuts so AC wasnt running on genset) just open a side of the cabinet... lol.... simple but effective...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Yeah i guess i need to go ahead with a nice branded HSF soon...
now-a-days my normal CPU temp is 57-60 and on full load and while playing games it is between 70-75.

My HDD temp is between 45-50 ( with PC running almost 24hrs a day )

Any good recommendations for HSF ????

Kniwor

Learner
if u have a proper heat sink paste... usually u will not need extra cooling....

PROVIDED UR CASE IS WELL VENTILATED

I have in all 10 fans for air circulation in my case and now i keep me cabinet closed... my procy running at 2.6Ghz.... 30% overclocked and no heating issues.....
not even on a hot day....

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
I have in all 10 fans for air circulation in my case ....

How do you power them ???
All of my PSu power connectors are consumned by Optical drives 1 system fan etc.

if possible do post a pic too !

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Kniwor said:
if u have a proper heat sink paste... usually u will not need extra cooling....

PROVIDED UR CASE IS WELL VENTILATED

I have in all 10 fans for air circulation in my case and now i keep me cabinet closed... my procy running at 2.6Ghz.... 30% overclocked and no heating issues.....
not even on a hot day....

I will also will like to have a look at ur cabinet with ten fans :twisted:

I f u can post the pics will be better and also how u did it...post it here or in a thread dealing with MOD of cabinet :wink:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
i keep my pc cabinet open 24x7 from both sides to let the parts be at comparitively low temp at all times. I live in Rajasthan so u can imagine how hot it is here :-o

*img164.imageshack.us/img164/8370/picture0037kc.jpg *img53.imageshack.us/img53/5554/picture0210yk.jpg

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
pentium 4 prescoots are always going to heat up a lot in summer ..

now to cool them u need a pretty large cabinet with good ventilation ..

i have vip 1122 with one 120 mm fan on the back , two 80 mm fan on the powersafe psu , one 80 mm fan at the top of the cabinet , two 80 mm in front and one 80 mm at the side panel .... and all these are led fans . :lol:

also the fan on the cooler master ultra vortex is 92 mm one ..

so much effort is needed to cool down a tiny proci .. :cry:

Kniwor

Learner
lol....
that was 10 including the cpu,gfx,psu fans....
they are also fans and they too help cooling right...

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I am going to add a fan tommorow. My case has got two places to connect fan. One on the back and another on the side panel just above the CPU. Please suggest me which will be the better position to connect the fan. Currently my fan has only two fans one of the CPU itself and the PSU.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
nishant_nms said:
I am going to add a fan tommorow. My case has got two places to connect fan. One on the back and another on the side panel just above the CPU. Please suggest me which will be the better position to connect the fan. Currently my fan has only two fans one of the CPU itself and the PSU.

Now there is change in plan I am going to buy 2 fans so please tell me which fan shold intake air and which fan to be used as exaust fan. But sill reply for my first post because If my father will finance me for 2 fans then only I am going to get 2

Kniwor

Learner
i dont actually understand ur problem....
2 fans cost Rs. 100/-

anyhow even if u put 2 put both of them towards the back... nothing on the side....
reason being... if u put an intake in the side and exhaust towards the back, air will come from sodepanel and leave from back, this is what we DONT want... we want air to flow in the cabine without leaving hot spots...
so put both of them towards the back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom