Sulekha selling Galaxy R @ Rs. 18989. Go for it?

red dragon

Master troll
Santa,did you try any other earphones?
Try with normal earphones without mic.
Do apply a scratch guarsand particles in our pockets can scratch the glass very easily(it has happened with me twice)

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
@santa maria .. u got d phone ... :) post some pics when u get time .... have a g8 time mate ..

I don't have a camera to take pics :(
:idea:Unless I remove the phone's camera and use it to take the phone's pic :idea:
But hey, pics are available everywhere! It's the user-experience that counts, eh?

Santa,did you try any other earphones?
Try with normal earphones without mic.
Do apply a scratch guarsand particles in our pockets can scratch the glass very easily(it has happened with me twice)

Hm, good idea. I have some cheapo 3.5 earphones lying around. Will try it when I get home.
Thinking of getting a local scratch guard for now.

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
EDIT
Few quick questions:
I also got a pouch with it. Is the phone supposed to fit so tightly into it? I really have to push it inside. Does it scratch the screen like this?
Also, the earphone's 3.5mm jack... does one have to REALLY push it into the phone to connect? Just plugging it in didn't work, I pushed hard and heard another click... only then did it work. (Sound seems awesome btw),

as for now ur phone is safe in the pouch that comes with it... don't worry for scratches but u must get a screen guard as soon as possible if u want it to look like new for long long time.....
its better to not remove the screenguard having android logo tht comes pre-applied on the screen until u get another screenguard

yea.. u have to push it until the golden part of earphone jack gets inserted properly... u'll hear a smooth clicking sound

heyraj

Right off the assembly line
@Santa Maria!...congrats for your safe transaction with mobile sulekha.
I Just want to ask you 3question,please answer.
1.does this phone come with vat paid bill?
2.who is the seller and where is his shop from?
3.does phone was sealed pack and with all accessories ?Does it has genuine IMEI number?check it on samsung service center?:shock:

Speedy1994

How Is Its Music Quality. Is It Acceptable inside earphones??

Plz Tell me. I Want TO Buy A Phone Urgently. Should I Go For Galaxy R Or Live With Walkman.

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Hmm.. the earphone seems to be going in easier now. Maybe I just took its virginity the first time... so subsequent times are easier :neutral:

@Santa Maria!...congrats for your safe transaction with mobile sulekha.
I Just want to ask you 3question,please answer.
1.does this phone come with vat paid bill?
2.who is the seller and where is his shop from?
3.does phone was sealed pack and with all accessories ?Does it has genuine IMEI number?check it on samsung service center?:shock:

1. Yeah. The 'invoice' seems to be on a half-A4 piece of paper that was ripped in half in an ugly way, but all details are there. It says: Subtotal: Rs. 19513.31, VAT: 975.69, Invoice Total: 20489.00.
So it doesn't show the Rs. 1500 discount that I got. I only paid Rs. 18989.

2. The invoice & the delivery challan mention Cart2India under 'shipped by' with a Bangalore address. The outer white sealed plastic packaging has the indiaplaza.in logo/images printed on it.

3. Yeah, the phone's box had that white label-seal and seemed untampered with. Everything was a-okay in the box, warranty card et. al. My phone shows some IMEI number, but I haven't done any checks. Maybe I'll check it out some time.

How Is Its Music Quality. Is It Acceptable inside earphones??

Plz Tell me. I Want TO Buy A Phone Urgently. Should I Go For Galaxy R Or Live With Walkman.

Only first impressions so far, but the sound in earphones seems amazing to me. I used to use puny spice earphones from my old set, though, so donno how good a judge I am. The bass from the Samsung earphones really impressed me. Nice and loud. Without earphones... donno maybe sound could be better? Not sure yet.

And yeah... as said, the two phones you mentioned aren't really comparable.

ankit360

Journeyman
Galaxy R @ Rs. 18989

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/00013MTS_snapshot_0009_20120109_173325.jpg

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/00013MTS_snapshot_0117_20120109_173400.jpg

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/00013MTS_snapshot_0139_20120109_173428.jpg

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/20111231_124734.jpg

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/00013MTS_snapshot_0255_20120109_173512.jpg

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/9103%20r/SC20120109-182406.png

*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd393/rdd333/9103%20r/SC20120109-084247.png

acidCow

Broken In
@Santa
Whats the manufacturing date of the phone ? I mean is it a very old piece or just recently came out of the line ?
I was thinking of buying this phone for a long time!

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
As I mentioned before, the box says it was manufactured in Oct 2011.

As for usage updates... man, this thing is flying! So damn smooth. And my god... 3D games play like butter on this Some guy mentioned he got Dead Space for free from the Samsung apps aplication. I tried it and got it too. Amazing how far mobile graphics have come!

Battery is so-so. Will have to use it for a few more days to make a proper comment.

Last edited:

anjanu

I ordered it today for Rs 19049/- from sulekha.com...there was no mention of color of the phone but I am expecting a Black or Metallic Gray color...but please tell if there is any other color cause I think there is also brown variant but I dont want brow or any other color:?

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
I ordered it today for Rs 19049/- from sulekha.com...there was no mention of color of the phone but I am expecting a Black or Metallic Gray color...but please tell if there is any other color cause I think there is also brown variant but I dont want brow or any other color:?

as far as i know it only comes in black color...

Top Bottom