Suggestions on wristwatches

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Looking forward to purchase two wristwatches, one formal (analog) n other casual(preferably digital).
Budget is under ₹ 2,000-₹ 2,500 for each.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Don't know what to suggest as every one has his own preferences... Browse through all the online stores and local shops and pick the one that suits your style and budget!!! :)

Hrishi

Looking forward to purchase two wristwatches, one formal (analog) n other casual(preferably digital).
Budget is under ₹ 2,000-₹ 2,500 for each.
for digital none other than casio. i also have one in same price range .
for analog go for timex.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
read here for ideas, the best in this subject Watch Snob

seiko, omega, citizen, zenith are safe choices
digital then there is only casio g-shock, nothing else.

Hrishi

read here for ideas, the best in this subject Watch Snob

seiko, omega, citizen, zenith are safe choices
digital then there is only casio g-shock, nothing else.
You won't find the G-Shock series in less than 4500RS.
But there are a few G-Shock look like watches from casio in that range as well , which OP has.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
get the best craftsmanship you can get, instead of paying something that looks designer. you can choose between watches that are good at being thin, sturdy, or long lasting and accurate at your range. don't go by looks alone, the "style" in watches is more in the simple looking and understated designs, usually. The mechanism is more stylized and carefully designed than the face and strap, which are cosmetic and come with options for the same "watch". look for discounts on older series.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
He won't get "best craftsmanship" at that price, also he is looking for a digital watch. I might suggest him the HMT mechanical watch, but he won't be interested.

So, Casio Youth Digital Watch - For Men - Buy Casio Youth Digital Watch - For Men D082 Online at Best Prices in India | Flipkart.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Someone with the nick of "the Terminator", none of the normal watch will do. Get THIS:

*i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/126717-image/Moto-360.jpg

*moto360.motorola.com/

Of course, great things don't come cheap. And sometimes you deserve something good.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That's a disgrace to actual watches Vyom, an utter disgrace. And I'm counting only the Quartz manufacturers here, not a single Swiss brand.

Garbage things don't come cheap, that should be the motto nowadays.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am going to ignore your post and pretend I didn't hear that against that Android watch, that does a lot of things than just tell time.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am going to ignore your post and pretend I didn't hear that against that Android watch, that does a lot of things than just tell time.
Please do that. Just remember one thing, an actual watch's main objective is to tell time, not do some other nonsense. So call it a toy, buy in dozens, I don't care, don't call it a 'watch'. You're abusing the actual watch makers, the craftsmanship therefore.

To you a watch or it's movement might not matter but it does to a lot of people. If just like that anyone could make a watch then the actual engineers would not have wasted an insane amount of time trying to perfect the mechanical movement.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Whoa. Didn't know we had a Clock OCD among us. :p
Anyway, you are not by any chance related to Sylar, do you? K/D... :D

On a serious note, I do get your penchant towards the engineering that goes in perfecting the clockwork down to miliseconds, so that it gives the perfect time. And I myself like them a lot for that reason. However, I was just giving a suggestion to OP for an alternative clock/disgrace whatever you say. Since he did mention something about "digital" clock.

Anyway, I hope OP gets a good watch.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Even as an alternative, smart watches are just starting out, so its new tech and all of them are waay too bulky, does not make sense to go for one now if you want a timepiece for a long time as smart watches are likely to improve a lot

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
for total 5k you can get seiko 5, casio edifice, casio beside on sales... consider any of these if you are mostly going to use one watch?
if you want two watches then timex expedition (analog) and timex iron man (digital) or the casio one suggested

what do you think about these options [MENTION=255169]whatthefrak[/MENTION] ?

Top Bottom