Suggestions needed: Mid-Range multicore rig - PUNE

LoBo

Broken In
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a computer to replace my 5-6 year old AMD 3600+ system. Need your help and suggestions.

Also, I'll be buying this computer in PUNE.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Casual Gaming(NFS Run, Arkham City should run decently), Virtualization using VMWare.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
Around 25K INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, RHEL

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
I have around 2 TBs of HDDs already, so I wont require HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
No. I'll be hooking up this system to my HDTV; so i expect the games and apps should run at 1080p.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
Cabinet(not PSU), HDD, Keyboard and Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
This month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
Yes, 3 Desktops.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
Pune. and I'll be buying the system from Pune based vendors(e.g Sujata, Baba, etc) only.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
I will require the system to be Multi-core and also have A future-proof MoBo(USB3 and SATA3 are a must!). I'm not too much into gaming; but would expect the upcoming games should run decently. Currently I dont have an speaker system; but it would be greate if we are able to squeeze a 5.1 speaker system(with remote) in this budget.

Hi,
Just checked this:

phenom x6 1090t - 9000
Asus M5A97 - 6500
hd7850 -?
Corsair DDR3 4 GB - 1500
Corsair CX500W - 3000

This pretty suits my needs; need any additional suggestions etc. I can use a lower end GFX card if this one costs more.

Thanks,
LoBo

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
phenom x6 1090t - 9000
Asus M5A97 - 6500
hd7850 -?
Corsair DDR3 4 GB - 1500
Corsair CX500W - 3000
Don't you need monitor? It's not mentioned in components you dont want to buy :confused:
The HD 7850 posted will not be that cheap. The components you posted are good no doubt but will cost Rs.19000(according to prices you gave) which leaves Rs.6000 in your budget. The 7850 will cost lot more than Rs.6000 initially when it is out.
anyways give this thread a read - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/151004-best-graphic-cards-money-india.html

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Man I am also from Pune and Vendors here are jerks and always overprice stuff thats why I buy from Mumbai (Itwares/Primeabgb).Just a heads up.

The 7850 will cost lot more than Rs.6000 initially when it is out.

HD7850 will cost around 15000. :lol:

@OP Your budget won't be enough to accommodate. You ask for "mid-range rig"? HD7850 will make it a high-end one instead. Better go for Gigabyte HD7770 1GB GDDR5 @8500.

EDIT: Here is the whole config:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @7600 <--No need for 1090T.
ASUS M5A88-M @5274 <--USB 3.0 and SATA 3.
2 x Corsair Value Select 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz @1170x2 <--You'll need two sticks because you're gonna run VM.
Corsair CX430V2 @2410 <--Awesome. Period.
Gigabyte HD7770 1GB GDDR5 @8500 <--Excellent card for you.

Total: 26124

Last edited:
OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
@ Gaurav...

Thanks a lot bro! that helped me! :)

bhai log an u're right about the vendors in Pune. i compared the prices at Pune and at Lamington road... huge difference man!

I have seen a card on the Internet

Flipkart: Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

it's Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card.

this one costs around 3000; is it good enough for casual gaming?

OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
Oh man! I was not aware.

Gigabyte HD7770 appears good...

Thanks everyone for the help guys!

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
If you got money to Buy HD7770 then Buy HD6850 @ 8.6k instead. It performs better than 7770 in almost every game & setts + only 100-200 rs. extra.

Top Bottom