Suggestions needed for 1080p Gaming PC- budget 50,000 Rs

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: 1080p Gaming in ALL games like The Witcher 2: EE, BF3, Crysis 2, Metro 2033, Deus Ex HR, Just Cause 2, Batman games & latest upcoming games; Watching Movies; Downloading.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs. 50,000 maximum

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, both the CPU & GPU

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Original Win 7 64-bit Ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have 2 HDDs from my previous desktop PC so new ones needed

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have a LG 23" 1080p Full LED monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Heatsink-Fan Cooler, HDDs, Optical drive

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In about 2 or 3 months time

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have assembled before & can do it again but this PC will be assembled at the local shop

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will buy locally only. I live in Barrackpore, West Bengal & will buy from Ray Computers there.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Plz don't suggest amd cpu/mobos. Only need help deciding my mobo, psu, ram & case to put in my PC but my preferred config so far:-

a) CPU- Core i5 2500k
b) GPU- MSI OC edition 7850 with dual fans
c) MOBO- P67 or Z68 chipset based cheapest mobo. Must have an inbuilt LAN port!!! (will never crossfire in future, so no need for excess pointless ports & USB 3.0 is not necessary either)
d) PSU- 600-650W popular branded smps (prefer the cheapest option among popular brands like Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, etc..)
e) RAM- 4-8 GB (or more depending on budget) DDR3 1600 Mhz
f) CASE- MUST have good air-flow & provision for installing both intake & exhaust multiple fans. Plz suggest a good gaming case :)

Also I'd appreciate if the total amount (in Rupees) is calculated from 'a' to 'f' just above for this rig. Thanks & have a good one :)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i5 2500k 12500
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 10000
RAM 2 x G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB 3000
GPU Radeon HD 7870 21000
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1200
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite 2400
PSU SeaSonic S12 II 620 4600
Total 55.5k

You can further reduce this by 5-6k by going for HD7850

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
^^ The mobo you mentioned ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 with the 'Z77' chipset is good for OC'ing the core i5 2500K ?? I don't have much info about only this particular chipset. How does it OC with sandy bridge processors like core i5 2500K? Also I'm planning on getting the 7850 & then OC'ing it to 7870 speeds with MSI afterburner on this mobo.

BTW the case you picked is absolutely amazing!! I checked the reviews :) Will it support the CM hyper 212+ hsf-cooler??

Just out of curiosity any good alternative mobo to the one that you suggested which can OC core i5 2500k?? A bit less expensive than 10k would be preferred but must be an OC'ing mobo.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Overclocking cannot make a 7850 to perfrom at 7870's level, even if you overclock the Memory and Shader clock to same level. The reason is 7870 is having more number of Shader procesors.

Z77 is a very good Chipset and designed for Ivy Bridge or Third Generation Core processors which are compatible with Sandy Bridge Processors too.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Overclocking cannot make a 7850 to perfrom at 7870's level, even if you overclock the Memory and Shader clock to same level. The reason is 7870 is having more number of Shader procesors.

Z77 is a very good Chipset and designed for Ivy Bridge or Third Generation Core processors which are compatible with Sandy Bridge Processors too.
Ok understood! But my budget is strictly 50K so I think I can't go much higher than 7850. Maybe I can upgrade the gfx card few yrs later down the line?

So can you suggest few other OC'ing mobos with core i5 2500K under 10k? I'm planning on saving a bit on mobo & getting some case fans for it :)
I don't need usb 3.0, pci-ex 3.0, & excessive unnecessary ports.
I just need a good OC'able mobo with core i5 2500K having a LAN port, 2 pci-ex x16 slots, 2 usb 2.0 ports & 8-16 GB of DDR3 memory support. Other ports are fine but probably won't be used at all.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok understood! But my budget is strictly 50K so I think I can't go much higher than 7850. Maybe I can upgrade the gfx card few yrs later down the line?

So can you suggest few other OC'ing mobos with core i5 2500K under 10k? I'm planning on saving a bit on mobo & getting some case fans for it :)
I don't need usb 3.0, pci-ex 3.0, & excessive unnecessary ports.
I just need a good OC'able mobo with core i5 2500K having a LAN port, 2 pci-ex x16 slots, 2 usb 2.0 ports & 8-16 GB of DDR3 memory support. Other ports are fine but probably won't be used at all.

Under 10k here you go :
ASUS P8H77-VLE Good and Stable
ASUS P8H77-VLE Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H Has Only ione PCIx16 Slot (means only one GPU)
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

If you could add a Rs 600 Get this
ASUS P8Z77-M Best for OC'ing has Overclocking Protection
ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buy a single Ram for now, it will save 1.5K. I don't think any other option. There are couple of cheap Z68 motherboard available like Biostar TZ68+ which has been reviewed as a very good and overclockable motherboard for its price. I think it is available around 7.5K
Another option is GIGABYTE GA-Z68P-DS3 Rev 2.1 @ 7.9K (in Smcinternational.in) which is also a good budget motherboard

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Getting a Z77 Motherboard you could Upgrade your CPU to Latest 3rd Generation Ivy Bridge and Z77 is having High OC'ability

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Thanks a lot for all the replies. Yes I'm pretty certain I'll be going with a Z77 chipset mobo unless my budget exceeds Rs. 50k (then I'll probably go with cheap mobos that Cilus suggested) :) I'll be discussing the prices locally at the shop for all those mobos you guys suggested above. So now mobo confusion & problem is solved for now.

Now I wanna know-
a) Which brand/company makes good quality but not expensive 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAMs?

b) How much PSU wattage would you recommend for my rig? Not planning on cross-firing but gonna OC. Which brand/company makes cheapest but good quality psu for that recommended wattage?

c) Any more alternative options for my case around same budget as NZXT Source 210 Elite? Price shouldn't be much higher & must be a good gaming case with nice air-flow with plenty of optional fan installation support.

Actually, the thing is the more the options I have the better the chances of inquiring about prices of those products locally at the shop.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^
a) G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB 1600MHZ is the one to go for.
b) Seasonic for sure, get 620w variant.
c) BitFenix Merc Alpha/NZXT Gamma.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
a) G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB 1600MHZ is the one to go for.
b) Seasonic for sure, get 620w variant.
c) BitFenix Merc Alpha/NZXT Gamma.

a)G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB 1600MHZ is the one to go for.IT
b)Seasonic is good but Corsair would be better if you have some money to spare for your Configuration 600W would be enough even if you OC. By Getting a 620W/650W you would be in Safer side

Cilus

laborare est orare
Getting a Z77 Motherboard you could Upgrade your CPU to Latest 3rd Generation Ivy Bridge and Z77 is having High OC'ability

That is a misleading piece of information. All the 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge CPUs are supported in current Sandy Bridge Motherboards like Z68, P67 or H67. 2ndly Sandy Bridge has better overclocking potential than Ivy bridge, the later one is having heating issues while being overclocked.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Ok guys thanks a bunch :)

I inquired the local prices & they are a bit high here in West Bengal. I checked quite a few other local shops as well. I'm tempted to go with the 7870 but that will mean adjusting my budget on other components & mainly going with the cheapest mobo available since my total budget is 50K (can extend to 55k MAXIMUM). So here's my config so far with local shop prices without the mobo:

CPU Intel Core i5 2500k- 13500
RAM 2 x G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4GB- 3500
GPU Radeon HD 7870- 24000
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite- 3500
PSU SeaSonic S12 II 620- 5500

Total- 50k

Prices listed above are local shop prices here in Barrackpore. I might bargain & get a bit discount but don't count on much

As you can see I've already reached 50k & I'm only short of the mobo. I don't need an optical drive right now. I can go upto a max budget of 55k with means any mobo around 5-7k would be best. I don't need usb 3.0, pci-ex 3.0, &/or excessive unnecessary ports.
I just need a good sandy bridge OC'ing mobo having 1 LAN port, 1 pci-ex x16 slot, 2 usb 2.0 ports & 4-8 GB of DDR3 memory support. Not at all planning to crossfire in future. Other extra ports are fine but probably won't be used since I'll only do gaming. So I guess I'm asking for cheap but good OC'ing mobos :)

Oh BTW, how's this mobo:
*www.flipkart.com/biostar-tz68k-motherboard/p/itmd4jvzj379bsnj

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Check M.D. Computers and Vedant in Ganesh Chandra Avenue. They're well aware of Digit Forum, do mention that while bargaining. You might get a better deal.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
^^ Check M.D. Computers and Vedant in Ganesh Chandra Avenue. They're well aware of Digit Forum, do mention that while bargaining. You might get a better deal.
Those are in Kolkata which is a lot far away from where I live. I stay in Shyamnagar, North 24 Parganas & will buy from Barrackpore. The shop name is Ray Computers.

Still unsure about mobo & need some alternatives on the case but the case should be exactly like NZXT Source 210 Elite (It's amazing case, I luv it :-D). Any similar ones from CM but with similar features & good air-flow with plenty of fans to install under same price??

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you can get couple of products from Flipkart also. Check out if Flipkart ships in your area. If yes then get them, mainly Processor, Ram etc from FLipkart.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
I think you can get couple of products from Flipkart also. Check out if Flipkart ships in your area. If yes then get them, mainly Processor, Ram etc from FLipkart.
I already checked Flipkart way back when buying my PS3 but they don't ship to my PIN number on the option of "Cash On Delivery" :( I'm pretty sure they would ship somewhere in Kolkata region but I'm in Shyamnagar, North 24 Parganas (take a down train from Sealdah station to get to Shyamnagar :p).

I'm quite familiar with Flipkart but one thing I don't know is if I pay through "Internet Banking" facility on FK then will they ship it to my door after payment & everything is done?? Or is that just not possible because of my PIN number? Anyone willing to help me on that one?:mrgreen:

BTW guys, what do you think of this PSUs on my rig with i5 2500k & 7870 both being OC'd??
Corsair CMPSU-600GUK 600 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com
I might save some valuable money to spend in other parts if I get this one but i need to know whether it'll be good for my rig or not in the long run??

Also, suggest me a good gaming case available from FK like the- NZXT Source 210 Elite (this case is amazing :-D but not available on FK :( ). It shouldn't be very highly priced but must have plenty of options for installing case fans both in front & back of case with excellent air-flow inside it & a good overall design is welcome.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Three questions:

1) Will getting a 7870 instead of 7850 make a big difference in terms of 1080p gaming? How would the 7850 perform instead with same processor i5 2500k?

2) Currently I have a 500W UPS (uninterrupted power supply) from APC & I've had it since 2008 without any problems at all. Now in a few days I'll be getting this new PC & it'll probably have 600-650W SMPS in the PC. So will I be needing a new UPS as well? I just prefer having a back-up power supply to save my work & more importantly turn-off the PC properly in case of load shedding & power outages which are quite frequent during summer seasons. I don't neither game not do work after current goes down, just need it for 2 or so minutes to turn-off the PC properly. So will this 500W UPS from APC suffice for those 2 mins or do I have to upgrade? And if I keep this UPS & use it with new PC then will it affect anything in runtime?

3) How's this mobo for OC'ing i5 2500k & 7870: *www.theitwares.com/gigabyte-gaz77md3h-1155-intel-hdmi-sata-6gbs-micro-intel-motherboard-p-2590.html

I'm thinking of getting everything from Theitwares.com, they have all the items in stock. let's see...

Last edited:

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
That is a misleading piece of information. All the 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge CPUs are supported in current Sandy Bridge Motherboards like Z68, P67 or H67. 2ndly Sandy Bridge has better overclocking potential than Ivy bridge, the later one is having heating issues while being overclocked.

Cilus Thanks I did not knew the current mobo's supports Ivy's Thanks for the Information , buti n OC'ing I meant the Z77 Motherboard It is having I potential OC'ing Features I know the Sandy Bridge is best in OC'ing ie 2500k can be unlocked/unleash its true performance in Z77,Z68 etc Thanks for noticing me :)

Top Bottom