Suggestions for PC in range of 60K

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Get the Gamma and CM 120 mm fans. They are best.... Local would work . In my old pc it absorbed all the dust ... I am using Deepcool and you can try that too...

OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
Get the Gamma and CM 120 mm fans. They are best.... Local would work . In my old pc it absorbed all the dust ... I am using Deepcool and you can try that too...

Any particular reason for Gamma? AFAIK, Source Elite 210 released in around 2010/2011 and Gamma was released in 2009. Should it not make Source Elite 210 better in same price range? OR I'm really overlooking something in Gamma vs Source Elite?

OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
Both the cabinets are good...

Then why no one recommends Source Elite? I've seen 80% people here recommending NZXT Gamma but haven't got any comparison explaining why Gamma.

Also, in range of 2.5K is there any other reliable brand with similar features but better at looks?

Local fans works? or CM / Corsair ones are the minimum needed?

On other hand, I am kind of thinking to go for NZXT Source Elite 210 which has an extra 140MM fan. Only con is HDD bay are facing towards Mobo. Am I missing anything here?
Local ones do work, but they generate hell lot of noise and vibrations. get CM ones and avoid the expensive fans from Corsair and others. Keep a negative airflow for better cooling.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
CM 90cfm fans @ 500each. Quite silent and great airflow. Take 2.

Elite 210 has 2 front fan slots.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Then why no one recommends Source Elite? I've seen 80% people here recommending NZXT Gamma but haven't got any comparison explaining why Gamma.

Also, in range of 2.5K is there any other reliable brand with similar features but better at looks?

NZXT Source 210 Elite is better over Gamma , you are right . It costs Rs 2800/2900 while the GAmma is available at Rs 2500.
The other cabinet you should look at that budget (Rs 2800) is the Bitfenix Merc Alpha.

OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
CM 90cfm fans @ 500each. Quite silent and great airflow. Take 2.

Elite 210 has 2 front fan slots.

Thanks for suggestions Myth, sure I will try to get as high CFM as possible.

Elite 210 seems good cabinet except that HDD bays are not sideways.

NZXT Source 210 Elite is better over Gamma , you are right . It costs Rs 2800/2900 while the GAmma is available at Rs 2500.
The other cabinet you should look at that budget (Rs 2800) is the Bitfenix Merc Alpha.

Yes, Source 210 Elite costs little more than Gamma, but I believe that price is covered by an extra 140MM fan with it.

I'll check and compare BitFenix Merc Alpha too.

@op; what are you getting, gamma or elite?

I'm trying to gather information, rather comparisons about them.

Have 4 suggestions so far, may all be you can help me get pros & cons of each.

1. NZXT Gamma
2. NZXT Source 210 Elite
3. NZXT Beta EVO
4. BitFenix Merc Alpha

Will GTX 660 / HD 7850 / HD 7870 fit in all 4 without problem?

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
An HD7870OC/XT is at max 10.83 inches and Bitfenix's VGA clearance is 12.6 inches or 320mm. So its good to go.

Bitfenix has one of the highest VGA clearance among all the four and only 210 surpasses it by 10mm.

summers

Journeyman
+1 to Incinerator.

Bitfenix Merc Alpha is one of the best entry level cabinets available in the market. It can accommodate GPU's upto 12" long even. IMO, its better than both Gamma and Source 210 Elite.

Top Bottom