Suggestions for PC in range of 60K

Myth

Cyborg Agent
660 > 7850. Beyond the 660, prefer amd cards since they are just more vfm.

Take the best that you can accommodate in your budget now.
For your requirements, both the intel and the amd proc are more than enough and can serve you for a long time.
Decision is for the gpu and the psu. Games are getting more demanding and it would be wise to purchase something which would last you for some time. Pointless changing your gpu again after a year or so.

Skip the cpu cooler for now. You wont need to OC right away.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Got your point and I agree that after 2 years moderate graphics card might not perform good at even medium settings. So 650Ti Boost is out of question now.
Could GTX 660 or HD 7850 serve my purpose well? If not, how can I plan my system in gradual upgrades to accommodate HD 7870 or equivalent NVidia?

My preference goes towards NVidia due to their regular driver updates and certain features those are NVidia specific. Please enlighten me if I am making a mistake here as I am open to all inputs.

you can go for the i5 sytem without a GPU for the moment and play games at very low settings and resolution. Take the pain for sometime till you have cash to get a HD7870XT which is a very good card. Get a GTX660 over a HD7850 anyday.

Last edited:
OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
660 > 7850. Beyond the 660, prefer amd cards since they are just more vfm.

Take the best that you can accommodate in your budget now.
For your requirements, both the intel and the amd proc are more than enough and can serve you for a long time.
Decision is for the gpu and the psu. Games are getting more demanding and it would be wise to purchase something which would last you for some time. Pointless changing your gpu again after a year or so.

Skip the cpu cooler for now. You wont need to OC right away.

I've already kept CPU cooler for later times. I believe the PSU I selected should be apt for the config, if not please help me choose better one.

My concerns at the moment are Mobo & GPU as they could raise my budget by well 6K to 8K combined.

I was thinking of a mobo around 10K and found ASRock to be good, but if their support in India is not good and are not quality boards, raising budget by 2K more for mobo shouldn't be a problem.

GPU is something tricky but with everyone's help here I shall be able to finalize one soon and then work on accommodating it.

you can go for the i5 sytem without a GPU for the moment and play games at very low settings and resolution. Take the pain for sometime till you have cash to get a HD7870XT which is a very good card. Get a GTX660 over a HD7850 anyday.

I am contemplating something similar, but thought to explore all possibilities of getting all components at one go.

GTX 660 could be accommodated but HD7870 that too XT version, I am not sure if putting around 19K for a GPU would be possible for me. I'll read through their pros & cons and analyze if they could serve my needs well for coming years.

terrifficm

Broken In
I would suggest get yourself a gtx660 for now which can play most of the current titles at acceptable frames and later on add another gtx660 down the line in SLI. SLI has better scaling in games and tht should work for you for 2-3 years and will play games in 1080p for a casual gamer.

I've already kept CPU cooler for later times. I believe the PSU I selected should be apt for the config, if not please help me choose better one.

My concerns at the moment are Mobo & GPU as they could raise my budget by well 6K to 8K combined.

I was thinking of a mobo around 10K and found ASRock to be good, but if their support in India is not good and are not quality boards, raising budget by 2K more for mobo shouldn't be a problem.

GPU is something tricky but with everyone's help here I shall be able to finalize one soon and then work on accommodating it.

I am contemplating something similar, but thought to explore all possibilities of getting all components at one go.

GTX 660 could be accommodated but HD7870 that too XT version, I am not sure if putting around 19K for a GPU would be possible for me. I'll read through their pros & cons and analyze if they could serve my needs well for coming years.
What parts have you decided so far and what is the remaining budget?

OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
I would suggest get yourself a gtx660 for now which can play most of the current titles at acceptable frames and later on add another gtx660 down the line in SLI. SLI has better scaling in games and tht should work for you for 2-3 years and will play games in 1080p for a casual gamer.

Please help me understand acceptable frames? Does it mean it will have to struggle with current titles in ultra mode?

terrifficm

Broken In
Acceptable frames are 30 for human eye where your gaming experience will be smooth and you'll not see any stutters and lag while playing. Though defination of acceptable may change from person to person.

As far as ultra settings is concerned it will just be able to play current games at those 30 frames per second on ultra settings at 1080p.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
you should get minimum hd 7870.it is enough for your need and handles games welll

if there is big difference in price between gtx 660 and hd 7870,then grab gtx 660

this will give you idea

*tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_Boost_SC/images/perfrel_1920.gif

OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
What parts have you decided so far and what is the remaining budget?

So far below config is finalized:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - 14.4K
Mobo: To be decided
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws X 8GB(2 X 4GB) - 4.1K
HDD: Seagate 1TB - 4K
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma / NZXT Source Elite 210 - 2.6K
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze - 5.1K
GPU: To be decided
Monitor: Dell S2240L 22" IPS LED - 9.8K
DVD Writer: ASUS 24X Sata - 1.1K
KB / Mouse: Normal multimedia combo - 0.8K
Speaker: Creative or other good brand upto 2K

Total: 43.9K.
That saves me around 22K for motherboard and graphics card and that's where the trouble lies for now.

get Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H- mobo @rs 12500.

Are there any other good motherboards in 12K price range? or is UD3H is best in that price range?

Acceptable frames are 30 for human eye where your gaming experience will be smooth and you'll not see any stutters and lag while playing. Though defination of acceptable may change from person to person.

As far as ultra settings is concerned it will just be able to play current games at those 30 frames per second on ultra settings at 1080p.

Okay, got your point, so for games releasing in next 2 - 3 years, I might have to live with High or medium settings.

you should get minimum hd 7870.it is enough for your need and handles games welll

if there is big difference in price between gtx 660 and hd 7870,then grab gtx 660

this will give you idea

*tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_Boost_SC/images/perfrel_1920.gif

So 660 & 7870 are around 4% & 8% better than 650Ti Boost?

So far below config is finalized:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - 14.4K
Mobo: To be decided
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws X 8GB(2 X 4GB) - 4.1K
HDD: Seagate 1TB - 4K
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma / NZXT Source Elite 210 - 2.6K
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze - 5.1K
GPU: To be decided
Monitor: Dell S2240L 22" IPS LED - 9.8K
DVD Writer: ASUS 24X Sata - 1.1K
KB / Mouse: Normal multimedia combo - 0.8K
Speaker: Creative or other good brand upto 2K

Total: 43.9K.
That saves me around 22K for motherboard and graphics card and that's where the trouble lies for now.

Are there any other good motherboards in 12K price range? or is UD3H is best in that price range?

Okay, got your point, so for games releasing in next 2 - 3 years, I might have to live with High or medium settings.

Some prices ate a bit high.

1TB HDD should come for 3900.
S2240L should be ~8500.

Can you shift from Intel to AMD?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
yep that mobo is good one.

hd 1tb is @rs 3500-3700 in mumbai

Final config

Intel i5 3570k - rs 14000

Gigabyte z77x mobo- rs 12000

Gskill ripjaws 4x2gb =8gb ram - rs 3800

Seasonic S12 620W psu - rs 4700

Nzxt gamma cabinet - rs 2500

DELL S2240L ips led - rs 8500

Asus 24x dvd writer - rs 1000

Logitech key$mouse - rs 700

Tosibha 1tb - rs 3700

Gigabyte gtx 6602gb -rs 14500

Total - rs 65,400

Last edited:
OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
Go thru the link below it will make you decide better

Tom's Hardware US

Thank you for the link but that compares GTX 660 with GTX 650 and not with GTX 650Ti Boost.

Moreover, based on suggestions from all members here, I feel its better to go with GTX 660 at least or any other better AMD based GPU.

Dont Go with Asrock Mobos. Build quality is not good and A.S.S too. Its just like what Micromax is in mobiles.

Finally, my doubt got supported by a superior voice. Thank you!

Some prices ate a bit high.

1TB HDD should come for 3900.
S2240L should be ~8500.

Can you shift from Intel to AMD?

Prices could be high as I've gathered them from Websites like TheITWares / PrimeABGB / Flipkart but I thought to keep them for calculations as that way I could get highest cost.

Shifting to AMD does not seem viable for my needs. I need a strong CPU for single thread & multi thread operations with long processing hours. At times I keep my system on for 10 - 12 days if need to process huge / complex data.

What I can do is:
1. Extend budget a bit more though trying not to.
2. Postpone purchasing some components by a month or two.

yep that mobo is good one.

hd 1tb is @rs 3500-3700 in mumbai

Thank you for price corrections, I feel only happy to know that my collected prices were on higher side :)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Your prices are on the higher side for most items.

You cant decide on the psu until you finalize the items consuming the majority of the power, ie proc and gpu.
The seasonic 620w is very good, but excessive for anything below a i7/fx8350 + 7950 setup.

OP
M

mastermunj

In the zone
Your prices are on the higher side for most items.

You cant decide on the psu until you finalize the items consuming the majority of the power, ie proc and gpu.
The seasonic 620w is very good, but excessive for anything below a i7/fx8350 + 7950 setup.

Let's say if I am going for i5-3570K with GTX 660 or HD 7850/7870, what would be appropriate PSU considering I am planning to OC after some time?

I also plan to add 3 extra fans in cabinet for cooling and add a CPU cooler after a month or two if that could also consume good amount of power.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
seasonic 520w is perfect but the price difference is rs 400 between 520 ad 620w that is why 620w is better as is it will help in future upgrades

Top Bottom