Suggestions For A Power Bank

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, I have recently bought a LG G2 Mobile and now i am looking for a good power bank for charging it as i travel a lot. I have previously not thought a bout buying one so not familiar with what to look for. Here are my requirements:

1) Should be able to charge at least 2 devices ( One being my G2 and other my iPod Nano or my Sony NWZ player.
2) Should have good warranty & ASS ( Minimum 1 year)
3) Have found below from internet not sure how good are they:

Anker Astro3 79AN7904-BA 12000mAH 2nd Gen Power Bank (Black): Buy Anker Astro3 79AN7904-BA 12000mAH 2nd Gen Power Bank (Black) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

PNY BE-740 10400mAH Power Bank (White): Buy PNY BE-740 10400mAH Power Bank (White) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

ADATA PT100 10000mAH Power Bank (White-Blue): Buy ADATA PT100 10000mAH Power Bank (White-Blue) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

$hadow

Geek in making
I have seen both Anker and PNY and both perform satisfactory. Do not expect a lot but they will get your work done.

sksundram

In the zone
One Plus One power bank is launching on May 11. This is the best of the lot.
Here's the link: OnePlus 10000 mAh Power Bank: Amazon.in: Electronics

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I have seen both Anker and PNY and both perform satisfactory. Do not expect a lot but they will get your work done.

Hi Thanks! Anker seems to be pricy. Not sure whether i should spend that much. What about Adata ?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I haven't seen or used it in real life so can't say much about it. Look for some reviews.
You mean adata, right?. What about other two?. How good are they in terms of vfm ?. Would like to get some advice from people who have been using it.

sksundram

In the zone
@op Why are you not considering the One Plus One powerbank? It is miles better than the three you mentioned.

A

amit.tiger12

Good deal for you..

Huawei AP007 Honor 13000 mAh = 1300 rs
2 Amp output, for fast charging...
Huawei AP007 Honor 13000 mAh Price in India - Buy Huawei AP007 Honor 13000 mAh online at Flipkart.com

Check for these things...

Short circuit protection SCP
Keep your device safe when short circuit problem is occur

Over charging protection OVP
protect your gadget when it’s charge to long. this feature will automatically cut the power when battery is full

High Temperature protection TP
A feature that can detect overheat on device when battery charging

Over-Discharge Protection ODP

Charging Efficiency should be max..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
^
As I told you, It's going to be launched on May 11, the day after tomorrow.

OK I Will check it out after release. thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Good deal for you..

Huawei AP007 Honor 13000 mAh = 1300 rs
2 Amp output, for fast charging...
Huawei AP007 Honor 13000 mAh Price in India - Buy Huawei AP007 Honor 13000 mAh online at Flipkart.com

Check for these things...

Short circuit protection SCP
Keep your device safe when short circuit problem is occur

Over charging protection OVP
protect your gadget when it’s charge to long. this feature will automatically cut the power when battery is full

High Temperature protection TP
A feature that can detect overheat on device when battery charging

Over-Discharge Protection ODP

Charging Efficiency should be max..

Thanks! Will look for those. I was going through the one you mentioned and found it says about charging life cycles. I was not aware that power banks had charging life cycles. Is there any model with a longer life cycle?

A

amit.tiger12

Thanks! Will look for those. I was going through the one you mentioned and found it says about charging life cycles. I was not aware that power banks had charging life cycles. Is there any model with a longer life cycle?

500 charging life cycles means... 500 times charging and 500 times discharging.. 500 times it can be charged fully and 500 times it can discharged fully... that means if you use 1 charge per day the bank will last for 1.5 year...
after that 500 cycles, it depends upon material that used to make those batteries in power bank...
now every power bank use Lithion Battery so no need to worry, because their life span is more than 500 always.. but still it's something that no one can tell you.. unless it benchmarked..
*cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0387/6729/files/milkr_power_bank_ihave_Delta_Built_to_last_grande.jpg?8252
like this... :)

The best maintenance is to charge and discharge the product fully to maximize battery cycle life

$hadow

Geek in making
You mean adata, right?. What about other two?. How good are they in terms of vfm ?. Would like to get some advice from people who have been using it.

My friend is using s6 and Anker can charge it about 3 to 4 times. So overall it looks like a good deal from my point of view.

i have Adata 10000mah power bank for N4........... I personally feel the 2A charging port is a gimmick.... I can't even get charging speed at which I charge my phone from AC suppy directly with a 0.7A Samsung charger(my original charger got damaged)

Yesterday I was using the phone while connected to power bank in 2 different scenarios, with 3G net browsing:
1. Airport, inside AC..... My charge level would go down 1% every 10-15min
2. 40C temp sitting in a taxi....... Charge level would go down 1% every 5min

When doing nothing(data off), charge level wold go up 1% per 5-10min......which is slow

A

amit.tiger12

i have Adata 10000mah power bank for N4........... I personally feel the 2A charging port is a gimmick.... I can't even get charging speed at which I charge my phone from AC suppy directly with a 0.7A Samsung charger(my original charger got damaged)

Yesterday I was using the phone while connected to power bank in 2 different scenarios, with 3G net browsing:

When doing nothing(data off), charge level wold go up 1% per 5-10min......which is slow

no 2A charging its not gimmick... your SoC should allow 2A current for charging.. if it's not allowing that amount current then fast charging is not for you..
all device allow upto 1.2A current, try any nexus 5 charger or 1.2A o/p charger..

don't use mobile while charging.. and power bank may damage.. don't do this..

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Powerbanks or any kind of USB charging will not be as fast our normal AC charger, Right? We are supposed to use normal AC charger at all locations except while we are travelling where in the need comes for a powerbank. Right?

A

amit.tiger12

Powerbanks or any kind of USB charging will not be as fast our normal AC charger, Right? We are supposed to use normal AC charger at all locations except while we are travelling where in the need comes for a powerbank. Right?

they are fast as your normal chargers... no it's not recommended to use normal charger, you can try other chargers...
why to use original charger because they think that we don't know any technical terms and they try to give fast chargers (output from 0.9A to 1.5A, 1.8A)... you can charge almost at any speed at any location any situation,... You can use your original charger while you are traveling...
why portable chargers needed because you want your personal Portable power source to power up your device...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I signed up for OnePlus 10k mAh power bank. I will buy it as soon as it's launched. I hope it's under Rs 1k.
It's high time I get a power bank for myself. Thanks for the information sksundram.

no 2A charging its not gimmick... your SoC should allow 2A current for charging.. if it's not allowing that amount current then fast charging is not for you..
all device allow upto 1.2A current, try any nexus 5 charger or 1.2A o/p charger..

don't use mobile while charging.. and power bank may damage.. don't do this..

My N4's official charger was of 1.2A...... I expected charging at speed of my charger from 2A port, but it can't ..... Yeah i know using phone while charging is not recommended, but i do it sometimes :p

Top Bottom