Now he have these options
Ipad 2 32gb wifi
Ipad 3 16gb wifi
He don't need 3g one :p

Which 1 should he get??
I suggested 2 go wid ipad 2 16gb wifi + bose OE headphone combo @ 31k :p

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Ipad 2, unless you have a solid reason to blow money on the Noo Ipad.
Having more space is good...

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
i second this...even i am buying the new ipad.

ipad2 browser is not that good...(based on 3 hours of usage)

Lol @ your username :twisted:
I'd suggest the OP to visit an Ipad store and try both 2 and 3 and go with the one that quenches your thirst of entertainment ;)

Sarath

iDota
Seeing how Apple mets out step motherly treatment to it's older hardware, I would suggest the new iPad (3).

The only benefit however is the improved screen. Performance and battery life is exactly similar to the iPad 2.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
i don't think apple treats step motherly to older hardware
I own few products as old as 3yrs n they still gets updates....\m/

Main concern 2 him is will memory will suffice coz in 16 gb we get arnd 13 gb...
Any ipad users pls recommend

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Which of the few 3 year old Apple products you own still get updates?
Probably might be iPhone 3gs or any of the older iPods.
I had bought the older generation iPod in 2010 thinking it to be newer generation and I am stuck in iOS 4.2

aroraanant

Explorer
The difference is in the screen and gpu, and if you think its worth it then get it.
Even I suggest you to get your hands on both and then decide

paw1

Broken In
I think you'll fall for the iPad 3 screen as soon as you see it, and it will spoil all other screens for you. 13 gigs surely is not enough but i think the screen would be too big a compromise to make for extra space.

Sarath

iDota
i don't think apple treats step motherly to older hardware
I own few products as old as 3yrs n they still gets updates....\m/

Main concern 2 him is will memory will suffice coz in 16 gb we get arnd 13 gb...
Any ipad users pls recommend

I agree with you but partially. What I mean is, of course you can put OS 5 on your 2nd gen iPod but apple makes no effort to see if it runs smooth on older hardware. I am not saying it's their fault but you can see, OS 5 is for the latest gen, we get SW meant for the latest gen running on our old HW but not anything specific or tailor made for the old HW (better optimised for older HW)
This is my point.
-From my limited experience with a 2nd gen iPod and iP4 and iP4S (friend's)

The difference is in the screen and gpu, and if you think its worth it then get it.
Even I suggest you to get your hands on both and then decide

GPU performance is the same as iPad 2.

Bigger screen is the only new feature in the new iPad. For many that can mean a lot. For some it's meh! Take your call.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sarath said:
I agree with you but partially. What I mean is, of course you can put OS 5 on your 2nd gen iPod but apple makes no effort to see if it runs smooth on older hardware.
You cannot put it on the 2nd gen iPod Touch. Not iOS 5 :cry:
I have that iPod and when I click update on iTunes it says "You have latest update" or something similar.
Even Jailbreaking or any other trick wont let you install it :mad:

Sarath

iDota
I was just citing an example. I haven't seen my iPod since ages, it is eternally borrowed from me and keeps circulating. I think the last update was 3.x or 4.0, not sure.

My point being, Apple will put in efforts to get content and development for the new iPad, like HD+ games and stuff like that. Plus some features might only be supported by the new iPad (speculation)

All I'm saying is, if you can afford the new iPad then there is no reason to ditch it. If you can only afford the iPad 2 @ 20k odd then I would advice against saving up for the new iPad.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
i think i'm gettin your points....
i agree wid apple (@ sum point they wil do) if they make exclusive content just 4 new ipad coz new buyers should get somethin extra....if you r new buyer don't u want sumthin exclusive 4 u....n thats wat gadegts all abt isn't it?
I hve told my frnd all ur cmmts he will see ipad 3 first n then decide 90% is he wil b goin 4 new...
Thank you guyz

its 'gadget' abve not 'gadegt' :p

Sarath

iDota
Tell him to go for iPad 3 + Denon D1100 combo ;)

Or better still there are wireless BT headsets from Logitech from 3k onwards for the iPad, for convenience.

Sarath

iDota
An online friend on TE told me he got it for 6.7k and sent me the dealers contact details. I will forward the e-mail to you if you want.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
wait!!
Any ipad users??
Are apps 400mb-500mb on ipad
If thats the case 13gb would go too soon

i meant few apps lyk imovie ,iphoto each 400 mb?

Top Bottom