Suggestion on Rig and Graphic card, buying on saturday

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
Hello guys,

i have got most of the components for my build with processor FX8350. I am just confused about the MOBO and GPU combo:-

1) 990FX and HD7870
2) M5A97 and HD 7950

which would be more future proof. The logic behind the first choice is that if i get a good mobo i can opt for Crossfire in future when things changes, also 7870 is a good value for money as of now and runs most of the games in high quality with 40-60fps which is acceptable to me.

the second one is the most obvious suggested choice on the forum.

rock2702

Padawan
Hello guys,

i have got most of the components for my build with processor FX8350. I am just confused about the MOBO and GPU combo:-

1) 990FX and HD7870
2) M5A97 and HD 7950

which would be more future proof. The logic behind the first choice is that if i get a good mobo i can opt for Crossfire in future when things changes, also 7870 is a good value for money as of now and runs most of the games in high quality with 40-60fps which is acceptable to me.

the second one is the most obvious suggested choice on the forum.

I will advice you to go with the second option.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
In most cases a crossfire never happens after one gets a single powerful card in the first buy. So its now or never. I will vote for the second option.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
Is there any need for chasis fans, should i buy a few there can be 5 added to NZXT gamma or am i ok with the rig as of now, since i'm not overclocking any of the components.

If yes, then please suggest 120/140mm and where should i put them side/top/front?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom