Suggestion On Graphic Card

anirban.samanta

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,

I am looking for good graphic card somewhere in range of 6k. i am looking forward to NFS The run and some upcoming games.

Looks like m getting old :) bcoz once I, 4-5 yrs back had to have all sort of updated information on Computers, graphic, mobos etc.. and ppl used to ask me.....
Now i too required ur experts advice...

Following is my System specs

MOTHERBOARD:-ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE nForce570 SLI
PROCESSOR:-ATHLON 64 X2 4800+
RAM:-TRANSCEND 1Gb DDR2 800Mhz
TRANSCEND 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz
STORAGE [HDD]:-
640GB WD Sata2
1 TB Seagate® SATA2
1 TB Seagate® SATA2
500GB Seagate® SATA2
250GB Seagate® IDE
40GB SAMSUNG IDE
GRAPHIC CARD:-XFX GEFORCE 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 XXX Edition
ROM:-SONY DVD-WRITER
MONITOR:-SAMSUNG 22"LCD Full HD
PSU:-500W VIP GOLD
CABINET:-INTEX MODIFIED
KEYBOARD:-TVS KEYBOARD[WHITE]
MOUSE:-RAZER COPPERHEAD

really appreciate your help...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for a 22" monitor i.e. Full HD graphics, you'll need at least HD6790 which your processor will bottleneck. so you'll have to get it changed. your PSU is a VIP and it should hold the GPU. else get HD6770 which is less power hungry and should work without changing PSU.

dibya_kol

In the zone
for a 22" monitor i.e. Full HD graphics, you'll need at least HD6790 which your processor will bottleneck. so you'll have to get it changed. your PSU is a VIP and it should hold the GPU. else get HD6770 which is less power hungry and should work without changing PSU.

+1 .. Useing high res, bottleneck percentage would be minimum. But i am afraid that ur cpu is too weak for nfs run and other mordan games !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if OP wants he can upgrade his cpu to a Phenom II X4 820 / Athlon II X4 635 or Ahlon II X3 440/445 or Phenom II 550/555 ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ anirban.samanta - you can't use DDR3 rams on the mobo as Mr.V has pointed already but you can get any of the any processor I've suggested on the previous post ;-)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does my motherboard supports processor upgradation... and ram from ddr2 to ddr3 ???

MOBO : -ASUS m2n Sli dlx
Processor upgradation? Yes. You can get Athlon II X4 or Phenom II X4. You will need to upgrade BIOS.

DDR3 RAM? No.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes if you upgrade processor to a much faster one. but with your current one, nope.

so upgrade ram when you wish to retire your current machine.

Top Bottom