Suggestion On Graphic Card

anirban.samanta

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,

I am looking for good graphic card somewhere in range of 6k. i am looking forward to NFS The run and some upcoming games.

Looks like m getting old :) bcoz once I, 4-5 yrs back had to have all sort of updated information on Computers, graphic, mobos etc.. and ppl used to ask me.....
Now i too required ur experts advice...

Following is my System specs

MOTHERBOARD:-ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE nForce570 SLI
PROCESSOR:-ATHLON 64 X2 4800+
RAM:-TRANSCEND 1Gb DDR2 800Mhz
TRANSCEND 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz
STORAGE [HDD]:-
640GB WD Sata2
1 TB Seagate® SATA2
1 TB Seagate® SATA2
500GB Seagate® SATA2
250GB Seagate® IDE
40GB SAMSUNG IDE
GRAPHIC CARD:-XFX GEFORCE 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 XXX Edition
ROM:-SONY DVD-WRITER
MONITOR:-SAMSUNG 22"LCD Full HD
PSU:-500W VIP GOLD
CABINET:-INTEX MODIFIED
KEYBOARD:-TVS KEYBOARD[WHITE]
MOUSE:-RAZER COPPERHEAD

really appreciate your help...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for a 22" monitor i.e. Full HD graphics, you'll need at least HD6790 which your processor will bottleneck. so you'll have to get it changed. your PSU is a VIP and it should hold the GPU. else get HD6770 which is less power hungry and should work without changing PSU.

dibya_kol

In the zone
for a 22" monitor i.e. Full HD graphics, you'll need at least HD6790 which your processor will bottleneck. so you'll have to get it changed. your PSU is a VIP and it should hold the GPU. else get HD6770 which is less power hungry and should work without changing PSU.

+1 .. Useing high res, bottleneck percentage would be minimum. But i am afraid that ur cpu is too weak for nfs run and other mordan games !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if OP wants he can upgrade his cpu to a Phenom II X4 820 / Athlon II X4 635 or Ahlon II X3 440/445 or Phenom II 550/555 ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ anirban.samanta - you can't use DDR3 rams on the mobo as Mr.V has pointed already but you can get any of the any processor I've suggested on the previous post ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes if you upgrade processor to a much faster one. but with your current one, nope.

so upgrade ram when you wish to retire your current machine.

Top Bottom