Suggestion needed for buying processor

Hi! i have amd x2 260 3.2ghz ..gigabyte ga78lmt-s2p mobo. .
i was thinking of selling my current processor to a friend(only 5 months old Processor)..
and buy a new amd processor within 5.5k. . purpose
gaming. .
i was thinking of athlon x4 635 @4k Or phenom x4 @5.5k ..but in the shop no amd quad core processor is available. .only amd phenom x2 black edition is there @5.5k. .how is it?
suggest me a good gaming amd processor within 5.5k which fits into my mobo. . .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some Phenom II X2 BE cpus can be unlocked into a quad core cpu but there's no guarantee of this - so you better opt for either a true quad core AMD config or go with the config mentioned above by rajnusker.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
I wil use my curent mobo. . .and buy an amd processor..not intel:<
pls tel d names of those quad core amd cpus within 5.5k suitable for gaming..

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Then he needs to upgrade the motherboard too which I guess OP doesn't want.
Bodhisatwa, I don't think any AMD quad core is available at 5.5K. On that price point Phenom II X4 955 BE used to be the option even 2 months back but now they've almost vanished from the market. Athlon II X4 CPUs are also available no where.

Howver, Bitfang.com is having ATHLON II X3 425 2.7 GHz tri Core processor at Rs 3555. You can get one of those. There is a chance of unlocking it to a Athlon II X4 processor.
Here is the link: AMD Athlon II X3 425 Processor, Compare and Buy latest AMD Processors Online in India: bitFang.com

Otherwise the only option is FX4100 @ 6.6K

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yeah try getting that X3. As you can see in the signature,my x3 unlocked to an x4(Didn't get an L3 cache though :( ) ;)
However its purely based on luck.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
In the digit magazine,this month also the name of amd phenom 2 x4 840 @5.5k is given at the entry level gaming rig..:-O

i cant buy online..sorry
btw if they are not available,i may change my mobo. .
can you guys suggest a good am3+ socket having 4 ram slots and 2 pci exp 16X slots within 4.5k..max?
i will keep my processor and wil later upgrade..
with the mobo will i be able to use another gpu in the future with my 6670 both combined?
i have starlite ram. .then can i use vengeance or ripjaw with it in the new mobo?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
If you don't have issues buying a second hand Processor. Then think about this thread.

this guy is selling his AMD Phenom II X2 550BE for 2.8k, which is 2 & half yr old.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/154335-amd-phenom-ii-550be.html

Your Call.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget you won't get anything else. And there is nothing wrong to buy a two and half years old processor. Processor life time is very high and they don't get damaged unless overclocked to very higher degree or misuse. You will find people who're running their 10 years old P4 till date.

Phenom II 550BE is a good processor and the deal is a good one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So your total budget is 5.5k for CPU and 4.5k for mobo - total = 10k ?

For a Intel Based config : core i3 2100 + Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H

For an AMD based config : FX4100 + Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
No no..due to unavailability of my desired cpu,i wil change only my mobo..wil change the cpu later..
Pls Suggest a mobo with the features i mentioned at 4.5k..

Top Bottom