Suggestion for PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Guys these days being diwali offers everywhere i'm thinking of getting a ps2 as its costing only 6.5k. I love games like splinter cell and several from same genere. I even like games like pop and dmc and god of war as well.
i wanted to know that how much ps2 modding costs and where i can get it done in delhi.
Wats that current price of original games for ps2. Are there any upcoming games left. How can i connect a ps2 with my laptop

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
If you are looking for a well-established console for casual gaming which has a huge collection of good games available; go ahead and buy the PS2..
But you wont be getting much titles for it in future.. Though there will be a few more to come.. Games like GOW are a must for a PS2. Its the best looking game till now for PS2 and I don't think it can get any better...

Well, for genuine sources, I have seen great collections for Rs 699.. And as it is an old platform, I would advise you to get collections rather than a Single-Game-DVD ..

And about connecting it to a laptop.. I dont think it is easy. And I dont know why you need it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If you want to get it modded then opt for a pre-modded one. Taking the whole pain of getting it modded is not something I would suggest. It makes more sense to get a pre-modded one. The original titles are in the range of Rs.500 to Rs.999 depending on how old & new the titles are.

The upcoming line up is very less. No exclusives anymore. All you'll receive are crappy next-gen console ports. You'll have to rely more on classic titles & be content with it (just like me :D).

Connecting PS2 to a laptop? For the video part I assume? I don't have much idea about that in general but AFAIK to connect it to any PC monitor you'll require a TV tuner card which supports the composite cable input of your PS2. You'll probably need to invest for a external USB TV Tuner to get this working I guess.

Nidhi87

Right off the assembly line
even i'm on the hunt for a PS2, i wanna gift it to my boy friend.:)
he's mad at me for something:oops:, i wanna make him forgive me with this play station ^_^
you boys help me out with the games too.
he & his friends used to play some mythical game & a racing game in which they get chased by police.
tell me not more than 4-5 games, now i dont want him to play ps2 all day ^_^
anyone from bangalore here to help me with shop location?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not sure about the locations in Bangalore but from what I've heard it's Ritchie street. From what you have described it could probably be God of War & Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Try getting both of them. Not to forget Burnout: Revenge & God of War II.

Nidhi87

where's Ritchie street? never heard of it before ^_^
thnx for replying so quickly :)
i'll try to search them so that i can confirm the games.
he also used to play a game where he has a really big sword, always killing people & ugly creatures.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
people still buying this console ? Great!

he also used to play a game where he has a really big sword, always killing people & ugly creatures.

Do you mean Prince of Persia series ? Sure! Get that games too. There are three Prince of Persia games --> PoP : Sands of Time, PoP : Warrior Within, PoP : Two Thrones. Get all 3. Really good games :).

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
My personal apologies. I just looked it up & Ritchie street is apparently in Chennai. :(

I suppose it was SP Road or something like that where you could get most of the electronic items. You'll have to wait from some other forum member to confirm the proper address. I'm from Mumbai so won't be able to confirm the exact places or shop.

The game you're talking about is most probably God of War. It's widely popular game for the Playstation 2. Not to mention a must have title as well.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@nidhi..

nice idea u got there...

well for the mystical part.. it could be prince or persia series called as POP or it could be God of War..mostly it is GOW...u said big sword and creatures..so it have to be god of war..buy both series

and that police game is Need for speed Most wanted. probably....

Buy it from Brigade...majestic.. you will get nice options.. if u can ..get the one with the latest packs. which have the power adapter inbuilt.less wires and less clutter.

Jason

Richie street is in chennai nearby park station you can can easily find it in google earth or google maps:p.you get a modded ps2 for 6000 rupees and games for just 25-45 rupees

Jason

Best games are splintercell chaos theory,double agent,prince of persia warrior within,prototype,gta 4,devil may cry,....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom