Suggestion for a SSD

Kedar_Gunner

New to this forum
I want a 120 GB SSD just for the system drive to improve speed. Problem is my budget.
Can you suggest a good SSD around Rs.5.5k ?
Or should i wait for the prices to go down to get a good SSD?
And is it true that lifetime of SSDs is very short? I've heard that they die out quickly.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Much earlier generations did. Now? Nope. I've done upto 25-27TB endurance write tests on Samsung 840/840 pro, SanDisk Extreme series, etc, even Corsair GT, GS, Kingston HyperX. None were affected. The only one that did degrade was OCZ Vertex 4. Crucials and Intel are also reliable bunch.

Samsung 840 Evo 128GB costs about 6.3k.

hitesh

In the zone
I would recommend the budget corsair ones. Though they are inferior to Samsung evo, nothing beats Corsair's service

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I got a SSD from Buy SSD - Online SSD Drive For Laptop - Desktop in India

It has 3 years warranty and they told me if the drive fails, they will replace it. They will replace any undamaged non-functional SSD if under warranty.

hitesh

In the zone
Contradictory sentence, no? :p
What I meant to say was that I would prefer Corsair's 'much better' service over Samsung's better performance.
My experience with samsung has been bad (except mobiles, that was good)

- - - Updated - - -

no idea, they just said they'll replace the SSD if it's undamaged and non-functional. I just have to send them the SSD back with invoice.

If they deliver what they said, I wouldn't have to worry about the manufacturer :cool:

Top Bottom