Suggestion for a mobile phone under Rs.13,000.

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
Hi guys returning here after a long time to start a thread for Suggestion of a new mobile phone. :)
1. Budget?
-> Rs.12,000.
2. Display type and size?
-> The largest size possible for my budget. Resolution should be good to read small text.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
-> Any.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
-> Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Samsung.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
-> Any.
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
-> 3.2Mp or higher with Flash and Autofocus.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
-> Any.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
-> 3G.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
-> Flash if possible.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
-> Multimedia, Camera and Internet.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
-> Not yet considered.
12. Any other info that you want to share
Build quality should be good and rugged and Battery life should last for atleast 2 days.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

43 views and no reply?? :(

guru_urug

iGoogle
Is ur budget 12k(in post) or 13k(in title)?? Please make it clear.

Also if u can do without cam flash get the LG optimus one. Awesome vfm phone @9k(online)
else go for the dell phone.

If u can extend budget to 14k get the galaxy ace a good phone but pathetic battery life, so rooting and installing custom rom may be needed

Best bet for u wud be to spend 15K and get the motorola Defy. There wud be huge difference in phones below 14.5k and the defy, so if are spending 13k u might as well go tht extra mile. :)
Also noted that u want a adobe flash enabled phone. Only the defy supports adobe flash amongst the other phones in ur range.

There is one more mentionable phone if U are ok wid the spice brand. The spice mi410 @13k has amazing features on paper. As good as a 19k phone. If u are willing to take the risk go for it, and it also supports adobe flash

ssb1551

Technomancer
@himangshu - If you are ok with Symbian then I can think of Nokia C6 for 11.8k or Nokia C6-01 for 13.3k or Nokia C5-03 for 8.4k, but that is if you are not too finicky about Android.All the prices are from Univercell.in.

C6-01 has 8MP with 720p video recording capability.C6 has 5MP with VGA video recording & C5-03 has 5MP but without a flash & they all run on S60v9.4.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I wouldn't advice C6-01 as it may not get the updates that C7 and N8 may get.

@OP, if you can up the budget just a bit, check Wildfire:S, Galaxy Ace and Nokia C7.

ssb1551

Technomancer
But Symbian doesn't have any versions like Android(2.0, 2.1, 2.2 & so on). C7 & N8 run on Symbian^3 OS which is different from S60. As such Symbian phones don't have extensive 3rd party support which the Androids have..but OP isn't too fussy about OS thats why I suggested those phones.

Moreover OP's budget is 12k.So shouldn't we recommend him phones under or at that budget? C7 is for 16.4k at Univercell.

Hey desiibond, does Ace have DivX/Xvid support? If no then can the DivX/Xvid videos be played using 3rd party software in Ace??

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I wouldn't advice C6-01 as it may not get the updates that C7 and N8 may get.

@OP, if you can up the budget just a bit, check Wildfire:S, Galaxy Ace and Nokia C7.

All Symbian^3 devices are getting the future updates planned. and C6 launched later than these phones AFAIK, no reason for a newer phone not to receive updates.

OP
himangshu

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am deciding to get Nokia C6-01 as Adobe Flash is not that important.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Oops!no idea about SE phones at that budget. All the good phones of SE that I know are all above 20k. May be someone else does in the forum.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^ From letsbuy.com using ICICILB code you can get it for 15.5k price.

A motorola Defy is a better deal, since you'll be getting a Jabra Bluetooth headset and the price after ICICILB discount will be 13.8k, best deal IMO!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Go for Motorola Defy, it's better than other options (Wildfire S and Galaxy Ace).

Otherwise consider C6-01. It was released after C7, so I think once the Anna update is available, Nokia will update C6-01 too.

aditya2696

Right here right now
well hello friends
i am on a mobile search trip right now and cant figure out which is the better phone out of these 2.
it would be very good if u can help me out here
DEALERS AND my friends are suggesting me to keep away from lg product becasue of the quality and they are little wary of lg as they feel it may malfunction sooner or later
help me out asap

Top Bottom