Suggestion for a good webcam below 2.5k

Pragadheesh

In the zone
Hi,

I am in need of a decent webcam. My parents would be using it to chat with my sister in US. So looking for one with good picutre/video quality.

How good are these cam.? Any suggestion from your side is most welcome.
1. Logitech c510 - costs Rs 2250 in a local computer shop
2. MS life cam HD 5000 - not sure of the price
3. iball c12.0 - not sure of the price.

Thanks in advance.

lordirecto

In the zone
Offtopic: Where are u in coimbatore?

As for suggesting you a cam, look for features that will help you chat with out much hassle.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The only difference between the two webcams is that the C525 has auto-focus and the C510 is fixed. If both are sold at same price, Get C525

Seraf

Right off the assembly line
MS LifeCAM HD 5000 is hyper when it comes to auto-focus. Every few minutes it loses focus, starts adjusting and comes back again.

Had to turn-off auto function to avoid irritation:cry:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I'm also in the same hunt.

How is the auto focus function of C525?

And I heard HD-6000 has better color processing technology. is it true?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Their LifeCam devices are destined for much more than video calls, IMO. And, even if it comes to video call, there might be some obvious improvements in the picture.

Sarath

iDota
Is it worth paying for HD webcams?

Even I am in need of one but I was under the impression that a VGA webcam will be more than enough for our current bandwidth and internet speeds.
Video chatting usually in Yahoo IM and skype.

Apart for video calling the only other use for a webcam is self portraits I guess.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I've used lifecam VX-2000 - 1.1K.. It was good, no drag/ghosting... So IMO anything for ~1.5K is good..

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Is it worth paying for HD webcams?

Even I am in need of one but I was under the impression that a VGA webcam will be more than enough for our current bandwidth and internet speeds.
Video chatting usually in Yahoo IM and skype.

Apart for video calling the only other use for a webcam is self portraits I guess.

Its not just about the resolution. Usually, higher resolution sensors will have good color detection, ability to shoot in low light environments, etc.

Top Bottom