Config :

Motherboard : MSI 890GXM G65
Processor : 1055T
RAM : Corsair XMS3 4*2GB
GPU : Sapphire 7850 OC
Hard Disk : 500GB + 320 GB + 1TB
Power Supply : Corsair VX 550W
DVD RW : Samsung
CPU Cooler : Hyper 212 EVO (Push n Pull config..2*120mm)
Fans : 4*80mm + 3*120mm + 2*200mm

Requirements :
1) Half an hour backup (Will connect to Inverter)
2) Backup time available feature (if possible)

Budget : 4k

OP
bajaj151
If I upgrade to 750W power supply later...Will 1.1kva be sufficient?

If I reduce my requirement of backup time to 5 min (will connect it with Microtek 800VA inverter)...Do I need 1.1 KVA or less will do the job ?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
If I upgrade to 750W power supply later...Will 1.1kva be sufficient?
It will be sufficient :)

If I reduce my requirement of backup time to 5 min (will connect it with Microtek 800VA inverter)...Do I need 1.1 KVA or less will do the job ?
You need powerful UPS based on system configuration and how many backup time you needed. But for your system 800VA ups can't take the load. When you will play resource hungry game, they pc will simply restart.

Replied in green :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
here are some facts for knowledge purpose:
1.VA rating is different from actual power in watts.usually power(in watts)=0.6*VA
2.backup time is dependent on battery capacity inside ups/connected to inverter.
3.at full load(100% power in watts possible by ups) backup time will be ~4 min & lesser the load more will be the backup time.in case of inverter it depends on capacity of battery/batteries connected.
4.if power(in watts) is less than required power then no matter what capacity of battery is there it is useless.

OP
bajaj151
Asked Microtek (via email) regarding the same.
And they replied : You can connect computer directly with Inverter but input range shall then be selected on 180-260v range....

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Practically 1KVa UPS can provide upto 835Watt of power at max. So, for your config, 1KVa UPS would be sufficient.

Top Bottom