Suggest the best mobo for fx 8350

rock2702

Padawan
I am bored with my i5 3570k+asus maximus v gene setup and so want to go the amd way.So I m looking at fx 8350+best all round 990fx mobo.I have a few questions:

1.Where can I get fx 8350 for the cheapest price online?

2.Which mobo should I go with, will do multi-gpu in near future, overclocking should be top notch.

3.Is my cm hyper 212 evo compatible with am3+socket?

4.Will I lose performance in games if I go AMD? My gpu is a single 7970 and I game at 2560x1440 res.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
you mean you want to shift from i5 to fx 8350.lol it will be downgrade.stick with what you have.donot waste money

- Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart - Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: April 2013

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, currently unless you are not doing any CPU intensive tasks like Encoding, Encryption, there is no need to change ur current CPU + Mobo combo.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yeah. No need at all. If you are really feeling itchy to shift to AMD then at least wait for Steamroller.

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
its not about "need".

OP is "bored" with his current setup :p

You have hit the nail on the head my friend :D

Actually I am thinking of doing some video encoding and photoshop on my pc.So I may benefit from the extra cores.Selling i5 3570k and getting i7 3770k would be a costly affair.So thought of trying AMD.

Also I am going to xfire my 7970 pretty soon and my matx maximus v gene is not suited for that.So thinking of getting a sabertooth 990fx or crosshair v formula-z.

Almsot everyone that I have asked has suggested me not to sidegrade or downgrade :eek: I am a bit lost as I haven't tried AMD ever beforr.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
why not give a try some video encoding and photoshop in i5.it will handle it

why maximus gene is not suited for xfire ??

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i do heavy PS [10MP RAW/Jpeg images] on my i5, and it handles it without a sweat.

and i did some heavy encoding [blurays] during the winter with handbrake. it did that quite well too, but with some sweat. :p took around 6hrs to encode a single movie at 1080p. i am not doing doing any encoding now due to the summer temps, and i dont have a custom cooler..

the only advantage you will gain from 8350 is faster encoding times.

also, you need to be sure that handbrake is well optimised for multi core environments.

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
why not give a try some video encoding and photoshop in i5.it will handle it

why maximus gene is not suited for xfire ??

These amd cards occupy 2.5 slots and also sag a bit.So my other pciex slot on my mobo is half covered leaving no scope to add another 7970.

Top Bottom