Suggest me Games To PLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Pro Geeks
i'm a small time gamer unlike u pros here. i'm looking for opinions on which games to play. here's my configuration:---
1> Intel C2D E8400
2> ASUS P5Q Mobo
3> 1GB DDR2 RAM
4> Dell E178FP monitor
5> XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3

This is a new rig i setup about 3 weeks ago. I'm bored with life. Plz guys suggest me some games which will entertain (read: not disappoint) me. I like racing games. But am also up for other genres.
Any idea about Smackdown vs Raw?? Is it available for pc ??

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Have you tried going up to gaming sites and checking out screenshots and such? Its really annoying to see someone says "my config is blah blah, suggest me games" and someone posts a long list... sheesh...

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
okay sorry.
dats definitely not the reply i xpected
so i guess hardcore gamers are rash with language and prefer to exude haughtiness rather than helping other forum-ers. thanx a ton man

I think you should be able to run any game ever released on this rig, though some uber games like crysis work only at mid settings. So anything would work fine.

Till then, Pong FTW :D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
okay sorry.
dats definitely not the reply i xpected
so i guess hardcore gamers are rash with language and prefer to exude haughtiness rather than helping other forum-ers. thanx a ton man
No problem, take a look at the first 50 threads on the forum, and you can find hundreds of lists of games. Have fun on your rig.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i'm a small time gamer unlike u pros here. i'm looking for opinions on which games to play. here's my configuration:---
1> Intel C2D E8400
2> ASUS P5Q Mobo
3> 1GB DDR2 RAM
4> Dell E178FP monitor
5> XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3

This is a new rig i setup about 3 weeks ago. I'm bored with life. Plz guys suggest me some games which will entertain (read: not disappoint) me. I like racing games. But am also up for other genres.
Any idea about Smackdown vs Raw?? Is it available for pc ??
Hi Michael.Congrats on assembling your new config.:)

Now with an 8600GT, you can play pretty much any game at medium setting.If you are into Racing titles then the ones you need to look out for are Codemaster's Race Driver Grid, Falt Out Ultimate Carnage & GTR: Evolution.Rest depends on what genre you prefer.Let us know anything in specific & we can suggest accordingly.

WWE Smackdown VS RAW is still a console exclusive & no plans of porting it across to the PC platform yet.You can try using a PS2 emulator at the best to get it to work but no guarantees on it's performance.

toofan

Technomancer
I would go for PAC man in this configuration. I am not sure that contra and Mario will even run at low settings.:D:D:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Lol :lol:

I suggest you play Solitaire and Minesweeper too.....mind-blowing games. My PC barely played them on low but the gameplay justifies it.

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
^^ Mario :D the best game ever

I think you should be able to run any game ever released on this rig, though some uber games like crysis work only at mid settings. So anything would work fine.

Till then, Pong FTW :D
thanks. those r words of confidence

Hi Michael.Congrats on assembling your new config.:)

Now with an 8600GT, you can play pretty much any game at medium setting.If you are into Racing titles then the ones you need to look out for are Codemaster's Race Driver Grid, Falt Out Ultimate Carnage & GTR: Evolution.Rest depends on what genre you prefer.Let us know anything in specific & we can suggest accordingly.

WWE Smackdown VS RAW is still a console exclusive & no plans of porting it across to the PC platform yet.You can try using a PS2 emulator at the best to get it to work but no guarantees on it's performance.
thanks man

I would go for PAC man in this configuration. I am not sure that contra and Mario will even run at low settings.:D:D:D

as far as i knew these were video games we played way back when we were toddlers. how come they have become resource hungry apps??

Lastly ne body with a review of NFS: Pro Street?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Well dude, NFS:pS sux....... NFS has lost its charm which it possessed in the days of Most Wanted. If its a racing game you want to play, I suggest that you give a try to Race Driver GRID, GTR Evolution and DiRT. Play NFS;MW if you havent. Leave NFS:Carbon and NFS:pS coz they both suck.

I suggest you try out Crysis, Crysis Warhead, STALKER Clear Sky, Mercineries 2, Call of Duty 4 (Its SP rox and its MP is the best), BioShock, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, FEAR, Company of Heroes, etc.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
michael ..all of us are kidding ..ies why suggesting u mario,contra,pacman etc ..dont take it seriously :p jus joking ..

but really what i have heard but never xperienced that if u r a hardcore gamer..much more fun playing games on PS2/3/Xbox 360 as compared to PC ..Thats y Konsoles r made for :smile:

I f u like unusual advnture story type game lemme recommend u an old one : Grim Fandago ..Its storyline and witty humor superb really :rolleyes:

toofan

Technomancer
boy actually you have a very very strong gaming machine except your graphic card.
And for this machine asking for games is like cracking jokes and thats what we all are doing.
If you could upgrade to HD4850 type of thing then your machine may be tearmed as monster.

And for your hunger try different games. Like Prince of persia whole series, Rainbow six series etc. Call of duty Modern warfare, Moh: airborne assult and many more. if you want to know which are best games played by forum members click below.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96164
Hope you get satisfied .

And as for NFS: Pro its a good game for those who haven't palyed earlier versions. But yet not so bad to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom