Suggest me an uninstaller software....

giprabu

In the zone
Please suggest me a good uninstaller program which deletes desired s/w right from the registry entry and all the related folders and files...

I don't want Revo.. Its a total crap and messed up my system...

RavS

Kiddie Coder
I don't want Revo.. Its a total crap and messed up my system...

I don't know about your experience bro, but I used Revo regularly and it never gave me any problem. It's one of the most used software on my Windows system.

But if you want alternatives try CCleaner, Ashampoo Uninstaler, Glary Utilities etc. Now, though I tried all of these myself, but haven't got any software better than Revo that can remove leftover files and registries better.

BTW I just found a link which may be helpful:

*cleaner.software.informer.com/downloads/page/1/

Now, if you get something better, don't forget to drop in a post here:smile:

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
if an application is removed using ccleaner.. will it delete all the registry entry too automatically or it has to be done manually ?

RavS

Kiddie Coder
Well, ccleaner, as far as I know, just runs the default uninstaller with no post uninstall processing (like Revo). But it has a separate Registry cleaner program inbuilt. and I find it to be quite safe.

I personally use CCleaner as Reg-cleaner and for deleting temp files and history etc, but not as an uninstaller.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Well, ccleaner, as far as I know, just runs the default uninstaller with no post uninstall processing (like Revo). But it has a separate Registry cleaner program inbuilt. and I find it to be quite safe.

I personally use CCleaner as Reg-cleaner and for deleting temp files and history etc, but not as an uninstaller.

yup..!
ccleaner is pretty good..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Your Uninstaller 2010. its a trial though. do try once. & give us your feedback. use it. i sure, you'll love it.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Your Uninstaller 2010. its a trial though. do try once. & give us your feedback. use it. i sure, you'll love it.

your uninstaller... just the way i was expecting..

it has the more similar type of user interface as that of revo.. but when i tried to uninstall any application, it showed a dialogue box stating that, that particular app. is not found the add/remove prog list and so it cannot be removed in normal way..and tells me to remove the google talk plugin..(something weird !!!)

but if go for uninstalling in normal way, it is smooth.. registries are scanned and killed..

there are so many other useful stuffs too in which i don have even brief idea..

sure its better than ccleaner and a lot better than revo..(from my POV)..

thanks sam..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
your uninstaller... just the way i was expecting..

it has the more similar type of user interface as that of revo.. but when i tried to uninstall any application, it showed a dialogue box stating that, that particular app. is not found the add/remove prog list and so it cannot be removed in normal way..and tells me to remove the google talk plugin..(something weird !!!)

but if go for uninstalling in normal way, it is smooth.. registries are scanned and killed..

there are so many other useful stuffs too in which i don have even brief idea..

sure its better than ccleaner and a lot better than revo..(from my POV)..

thanks sam..

yes i tried revo a lot & ultimately settled for Your Uninstaller. though mine is a registered version :smile:

cyber

my name defines me
u can use tune up utilities..its really good though u can get only a trial version

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Freewares uninstallers:

Absolute Uninstaller
Advanced SystemCare (comes with built in uninstaller, think so).
Glary Utilities (same as above)
Iobit Uninstaller
Revo Uninstaller

CA50

Cyborg Agent
For windows Xp install Windows XP manager, it has loads of application build into it. There is also an uninstaller and thats a good one.

For Windows 7 user you can try Windows 7 Manager

RavS

Kiddie Coder
Revo Uninstaller Pro

Dude, a no. of people have already suggested it. And he has already said he doesn't want revo.

BTW does Pro version has anything specifically good that basic version as an uninstaller is incapable of:?:

Top Bottom