Suggest me amd cpu+m/b combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
I want to buy an amd-based system. which model should i go for. i am confused. amd athlon 64 stands for what? 64-bit cpu? i dont think i need 64-bit. then there are different 'pin'-s - which one should i pick.

and what motherboard will be ideal.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Generic Superhero said:
hmm... what does that mean?

WHAT IS UR AGE???...:D..no no budget does not means that just like that....

BUDGET means how much money can u spend on mobo and processor...:p...

OP
Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
oh! well i want a balance between price and performance...i want an amd cpu that is at par with the intel c2d. however i dont need 64-bit i think.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
If u want AMD only then get a gud proccy like the X2 5000+ or above. They are really good, but never go for FX as they have very low value for money.
for eg; X2 6000+ beats FX 62 but X2 is much lower priced.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Generic Superhero said:
oh! well i want a balance between price and performance...i want an amd cpu that is at par with the intel c2d. however i dont need 64-bit i think.

do not beat around bush...just say ur budget,.....

premsharma

In the zone
sam9s said:
^^any specific reasons for AMD CPU that is at par with C2D. Why not C2D it self. Would that be out of your budget?

Because C2D is costly as well as there is no motherboard for intel platform with onboard graphics other than intel GMA 3000. ATI is sleeping. Their mobos for intel {1250 & 3200 chipset based] will yet take 4-5 moths to appear in market.

Therefore, no other choice but to think about AMD equivalent.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude this message has been on & on so the straight forward is HOW MUCH MONEY IS YOUR DAD IS GIVING U TO BUY A COMPUTER?
Obviously u don't need a 5000+ or 6000+.So say those magical words!!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
And why don't you want a 64 bit computer? Whole world seems to be moving towards 64 bit, slowly but surely and you still want to invest in 32 bit?
BTW, C2D's are 64 bit too.
See, if you give the amount you're ready to put in, then people can get an idea about what to suggest for you. Otherwise they'll just be shooting in the dark.

He is a noob duns. He dont know about 64-bit.

Hey superhero, grasp this - every new pc u'll buy will be only 64-bit. But dont scare urself to death cos the news u wud have read about 64-bit drivers, issues etc. n incompatibility wont arise until u install 64-bit OS.

Just install 32-bit OS n u'll be havin 32-bit experience. Safe n sound.

premsharma

In the zone
sam9s said:
There are n number of options given the budget, and C2D is not at all costly given the fact its a 64Bit Kick Ass true dual core.

And why think about an onboard card when you can get any 6 series dedicated graphic solutions decently inexpensive. Heck you can even get an FX5200 which plays HL2 effortlessly. I am no anti AMD but presently no processor can give you better price :::: performance ratio than a 6300 or even a 6320.

See ATI X300SE PCI-E from palit @ 2000+ can give you better than 6600 even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom