Suggest me a laptop

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Hello people,
I would like you all to help me decide a lappy for my need.

Need / Purpose / Requirement :

I take workshops on web development and hence i have to move a lot and hence i need something lightweight & small
Screen size upto 13.3" is my consideration

As we do designing work, Dedicated GPU is must
4gb ram and around 500gb HDD will do

i would prefer an i5 or Amd quad core

Genuine windows is not a compulsion

Budget : 40K

========
Laptops i consider 9 satisfied with none )

1. HP g6-1209A series with AMD Quad core for 32k but screen size is 14" and no USB 3.0

2. Acer TimelineX 3830TG - 750gb hdd model for Rs.37500/- . i loved this. but no dvd writer ( i can manage that ) and it has integrated battery means if there is an issue with your battery , you just cant replace the spare part as in the regular laptops + i read this has throttling issues and battery wear problem :(

3. The apple has no gfx card and thought it uses SSD , d storage space is very less.

4. The Samsung 9 Series and Alienware is out of my budget :(

5. Dell inspirion 13z has no gfx card :(

So help me with a few suggestions.. i am open to all brands as far as the specs and reviews are good...

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Web Designer:
Photoshop , Dreamweaver , Flash , Corel in Multitasking.. wont be giving major load on lappy as i have i7 rig, but i dnt want some atom processor :p

@aroraanant : my budget is 40K

aroraanant

Explorer
I haven't found any(good) laptop with 13.3" in your budget.
If you are comfortable with 14".
Then you can have a look at Sony VAIO E Series VPCEG3AEN but for this also you need to extend your budget by 2k

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Check this. Though it overshoots your budget, but its the best config a 14" can have. :)

Check it locally, you may get for a bit lesser.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
@dashing Sujay.... if dat performs as the reviews.. itz a f***** dream machine.. js super awesome !!!

would like to see a few more suggestions ( i doubt if anything can beat this , i dnt mind the extra $$ for such a powerful config ... )

any issues with this model ?

^ wats d battery backup ?
^ wats the weight ?

do i have better options as battery backup remains a concern.. i love d specs of the asus lappy bt i m concerned about the battery backup..

i already have a super powerful i7-2600k rig at home and hence i was looking for a decent i5 , but when i saw the above spec at just 6K extra.. i thought its worth going.. js need help on the battery backup..

WOLD BE GREAT , if someone could link me to a site where someone has reviewed this model in detail

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you run the laptop with full load I think it should give you battery back up of around 2-3 hrs in early days. I'll find a review and give you the link.
For rest of your questions, google ftw ;)

aroraanant

Explorer
It has a good battery backup.With normal work it will give you back up of around 4hrs and with hardcore gaming around 2.5yrs.
No issues with laptop.
It weighs less than the HP, dell and even sony laptops,its slim and good.

You can read the reviews on flipkart only.
But it lacks a USB 3.0 port and webcam is not good only 0.3mp.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
i could not find a detailed review.. :(
This lappy is neither available at flipkart , nor at any local store in my city :(

I heard the model is discontinued and some new models are coming within the next 10 days.. i doubt what the shopkeeper says and moreover i cant wait too long..

so suggestions welcome..

I am getting the following @ Relaince digital in my city
Acer Timeline Series .. (3830 ... i guess so)
i5 2nd gen
14"
4gb / 640gb / nvidia gfx / win 7 HP
for 37K ..
but integrated battery and no dvd drive :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Can you increase your budget ? If yes, check out Vaio vpcsb36fn. Although its much more than your budget but every penny worth it.
And don't kill me for suggesting such costly laptop :p

Lastly, if you can bet on HP- get this eyes closed HP 4330 probook.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Currently using HP tx 1003au spcl edition laptops and its totally dead.. dny wanna try hp.. too many complaints..

56k is too much.. cnt afford the sony one.. nothing much exclusive in its spec too..

I need a gfx card.. the hp one u suggested has no gfx :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't even trust HP, I just suggested in case you do.
And vaio S series are pure business class laptops.

No other 14" carries a good graphics with it in your budget :(

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
where can i find asus then ?
are any new models coming ?

cant extend the budget , maybe i will compromise on the screensize then.. :(

so a few suggestions on the normal 15.6" screen ones..

I am getting the following @ Relaince digital in my city
Acer Timeline Series .. (3830 ... i guess so)
i5 2nd gen
14"
4gb / 640gb / nvidia gfx / win 7 HP
for 37K ..
but integrated battery and no dvd drive

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
k53sv-520D if you can find one.

Otherwise Acer 5755G. AFAIK it has got 540M, but flipkart has not mentioned it. Do confirm from them.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ thnx for all the suggestion sujay..

39-40K for these models and 46K for the asus i7 one .. vast difference.. i ll try finding it somehow..

Top Bottom