Suggest me a broadband Modem..please

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijith44

Broken In
Hi Friends...
I am abhijith and i am from mysore and i am thinking of taking BSNL's broadband (500c HOME PLAN-the new plan which was announced a few days back)
I have enough suffered using the same connection(b4) but it is far better than any other service providers (coz i have been reading the pathathic cases suffered by users using ISp's other than bsnl..on many forums and blogs... n i do think bsnl is better)

when i had taken the modem last time ,it was for rented, but now i want to buy a new modem..
I request u guys kindly suggest me a good (best) modem (with price) which is available in the market and which doesnt become obsolete for a few more years and which can be used for other broadband connections too..(just kidding i dunoo nothing stays long but still want to go for the best one)

I thought of purchasing the BSNl's modem but i heard that we cannot use the same for other broadband connection other from bsnl's...

My dealer is suggesting me to take 'SUNVTECH Modem' (not sure of the spelling) he said it would cost 1400/- and the best one(.. never heard of this name b4)..

I have least knowledge of modems... i always relied on members of this forum for the decision..

I Hope u guys will help me in this regard and i thank u in anticipation..

with regards and lots of love....
Abhijith

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Buy a D-Link 502-T ADSL Modem...Its for BSNL and will work with almost every ISP.

U have another option to go for NETGEAR wireless modem...its also a trusted brand!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
abyssman said:
but i heard that we cannot use the same for other broadband connection other from bsnl's...
you can use your this modem for any internet connection based on DSL

My dealer is suggesting me to take 'SUNVTECH Modem' (not sure of the spelling) he said it would cost 1400/- and the best one(.. never heard of this name b4)..

I have least knowledge of mnd lots of love....
Abhijith
D-link, linksys, Netgear are good brands

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Buy a D-Link 502-T ADSL Modem...Its for BSNL and will work with almost every ISP.

U have another option to go for NETGEAR wireless modem...its also a trusted brand!
do not buy that modem, it has heating problems.
search on net, you will know

best is to get modem from BSNL only;)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
*www.google.com/search?q=Dlink+GLB+502T+problem
D-link 502T is one of the worst modem that your money can buy. Just watch different forums and you will find literally thousands of people facing problems.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well heavens gracious!
At least i m not facing any heating issues and also my office Modem is the same as it hasn't been turned off since May 2007 and still working like a charm!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I heard Dlink is good^^^^^
See if you can spend a little and buy one with a built in wireless access point and a switch for connecting 3-4 PCs. Its a good investment.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ROUTER HAS NAT (NETWORK ADDRESS TRANSLATION) AND uPNP. ELSE YOU'LL BE SORRY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD LOTS OF STUFF ON P2P :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Well heavens gracious!
At least i m not facing any heating issues and also my office Modem is the same as it hasn't been turned off since May 2007 and still working like a charm!
am talking of the newer GLB model & not the older model.
however latest news is that D-link has increased the warranty to 2/3yrs(need confirmation though) & updated the firmware & added rubber pads.

while buying to see that you buy the long with firmware 3.7.OD.1 and not 3.7.OD.0

NucleusKore said:
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ROUTER HAS NAT (NETWORK ADDRESS TRANSLATION) AND uPNP. ELSE YOU'LL BE SORRY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD LOTS OF STUFF ON P2P :)

its more or less a standard. nearly all routers come with it.
till date i haven't seen any model with the above mentioned features

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
abyssman said:
Hi Friends...

I thought of purchasing the BSNl's modem but i heard that we cannot use the same for other broadband connection other from bsnl's...

Abhijith

if its ADSL modem/router is can be used on any ADSL provider.
i have myself used BSNL modem(type II) on tata connection.
you must need to Change VCI/VPI values for a particular ISP:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom