Suggest me a Branded External HDD (160 GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi Friends

I'm planning to buy a USB External HDD (160 GB).

Suggest me a Good Branded External HDD Drive. My budget is Rs. 2000

Regards
Yoda

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I don't think you would get an external HDD for this less. You can instead buy a laptop HDD and go for a usb casing. That would fit in your budget.

If you want a proper external HDD and can increase your budget, then I would suggest that you go for a Western Digital external HDD

acewin

Point Blanc
3300 with tax WD Elements 160 GB(no need of external power).
You need to check the costs of 80 GB and 120GB, they would be in your expectations near 2000, otherwise I do not know about power supply based externals.

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies casanova and acewin.

I've a few doubts ???

1. which Brand should I choose Seagate or WD. Which one is good, reliable and portable. I travel a lot with the External HDD.

2. The External HDD I use now is a Normal HDD + enclosed in a casing(Gemini), but Its malfunctioning frequently. What is the difference between the Branded External HDD and the converted ones (Nornal HDD + casing) ? Are they both the same or different.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I've a few doubts ???
1. which Brand should I choose Seagate or WD. Which one is good, reliable and portable. I travel a lot with the External HDD.

Go for Seagate ....;)
Its a name u can trust.

But for 160 GB , u need to increase ur budget .

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
thanks for the replies. Surely I'm increasing the budget and I'm planning to get a 160 GB External HDD.

Please suggest a model name or model name and price of the WD External HDD (160 GB) or Seagate External HDD that is reliable, tried and trusted.

acewin

Point Blanc
ok I come again with the price, bcoz last friday my roomy and another friend bought WD Element 160 GB. would come in 3200 including taxes.
and 250 GB will come 5K including taxes.(both price for WD Element model which is silver coloured)

WD Passport is Rs 400-500 costlier both in 160GB and 250GB.

Difference is Passport is black in color and element is silver colored and has rubber on the edges which is good. Secondly passport has bundled softwares.

I recommend Elements. But both the models from WD are great. I too carry around my external alot much. and one more thing Element seems to be lighter(in weight) than passport.

I would not recommend Free Agent becausse its costlier. And I see the WD servicing has been very much recommended, so 3 year warranty is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom