Suggest low range gaming/multimedia rig within 15K

Funny

Broken In
Hey guys,

I need some suggestions for a mid or low range cpu for gaming and multimedia.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Playing mid range games like Counter strike, Assassins creed, Most wanted, Batman, Crysis and similar games which do not require more cpu power. Also multimedia like watching movies and videos.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Maximum Rs.15000/- atm since I will buy a high end pc after few years.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not sure, maybe.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win XP Pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Um not much, about 160GB will do.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I plan to re-use my 17inch Samsung tft screen.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Need only CPU with a graphic card. No cd/dvd drive required.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Mid July

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't done it before but I think I can do it on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore, local or online anything would do...

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Would prefer a High end Intel dual core than an basic i3. Please suggest a suitable GPU and PSU. I Am not looking for looks/styling, any basic cabinet would do. Also I won't be playing games in highest resolution. If games run smoothly at lower/mid resolution and settings then it would do...

Thanks

ankush28

Bazinga
intel g2010 - 3.2k
Gigabyte H61 -D2H mobo - rs 2.8
corsair value select 4GB - 1.8k
Corsair cx430 v2 watt - 2.3k
zebronics/iball cheap cabinet - 0.7k
seagate 160gb - 2k
Sapphire HD 6670 1 GB DDR5- 5k
total 17.8k much balanced configuration
to increase cpu performence get i3-3210 @ 6k so total 20.8k

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For graphic card GT 520 is a better choice and is there really any cabinet available for 600 bucks ?

@ OP - if possible add at-least 1.5-2k with your existing budget and get better components - the extra cost worth it in the long run.

BTW, with an Intel cpu just forget about OCing but if possible do look at some AMD APu+mobo combo - you can OC them and they comes with much better gpu performance compared to G2010.

OP
F

Funny

Broken In
Thanks, ankush. Looking at the review of Sapphire HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 on FK, some users are saying that the GPU heats up on continuous gaming since it doesn't have a fan on-board. Any review?
I am not looking to play high end games. Only mid and low range games with lower graphics (resolution).
Not looking for any KB/Mouse, DVD/CD Drive, Speaker, or anything extra apart from the CPU Unit alone.
I can try to extend upto 20K. But thats the max. Anything below it will be feasible.
I just need a good performing CPU and GPU in this range. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17" TFT Monitor. I would prefer a powerful Dual Core or C2D over an low end i-series CPU.
I wont need more than 4GB RAM and 160GB HDD. Can a 60GB SSD be of any use for this config? If yes, please recommend one instead of the HDD.

@topgear : Thanks for the suggestion mate. Increased budget a bit. Not keen on overclocking. Might try if required. Will use this setup for the next 2-3 years after which I will upgrade to much better config.

And will it be cheaper to buy online and assemble or to buy from a local dealer and get it assembled?

Thanks, ankush. Looking at the review of Sapphire HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 on FK, some users are saying that the GPU heats up on continuous gaming since it doesn't have a fan on-board. Any review?
I am not looking to play high end games. Only mid and low range games with lower graphics (resolution).
Not looking for any KB/Mouse, DVD/CD Drive, Speaker, or anything extra apart from the CPU Unit alone.
I can try to extend upto 20K. But thats the max. Anything below it will be feasible.
I just need a good performing CPU and GPU in this range. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17" TFT Monitor. I would prefer a powerful Dual Core or C2D over an low end i-series CPU.
I wont need more than 4GB RAM and 160GB HDD. Can a 60GB SSD be of any use for this config? If yes, please recommend one instead of the HDD.

@topgear : Thanks for the suggestion mate. Increased budget a bit. Not keen on overclocking. Might try if required. Will use this setup for the next 2-3 years after which I will upgrade to much better config.

And will it be cheaper to buy online and assemble or to buy from a local dealer and get it assembled?

> Please, Flipkart is not a source for reviews, read from reputed sources (there are too many apes writing reviews fo FK).

> SSD in a 20k pc? No chance.

> Local prices will be 100-200 lower than online prices.

> Assemble it yourself
heres my suggestion:

A10 5800k (8500)
Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 (4600)
Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 4GB x2 (4000)
Corsair CX430V (2700)
Seagate 160 GB HDD (2000)
Any cabinet without PSU (1000)

total: 22800

ankush28

Bazinga
^^ agree
> read anandtech, hardwarecanucks or tomshardware reviews lots of NOOB on flipkart can play crysis 3 at ultra setting 1080p with 60-70fps on 4-5k gpu ;) understood!!!
>60gb ssd will start from 4k so forget it in 20k pc
>a10 igpu gives performence of 3-4k decrete graphics :p go for a10 only if you dont want decrete gpu in future if you add gpu then igpu will be disabled, 8gb ram is must of apu.
@ topgear there are lots of local cabby availabpe for 600-700 bucks I just checked few days ago.
@ harshilsharma A10-5800k costs only 8k good for OP one of my friend bought ut for 7.5k on flipkart but that 10% discount is no more!!!

Gollum

Collector
my suggestion
AMD A4 3500 - 3.6Ghz cpu @ 3k - flipkart
MSI FM2 a55 E33 - 3.5k [ddr3 dual channel, overclockable board] - flipkart
corsair value select 4gb - 1.9k flipkart
corsair cx430v2 - 2.5k from golcha computer blore
zebronics cabinet 1k from either golcha or ankitIT blore
kb and mouse = .6k

total 12k

parts excluded
HDD
ODD
Graphics card

add a graphics card worth 3k to it, but I believe hd 7450D should be okay to play 1360x768 resolution.
I've tested grid 2 and remember me on this config and it runs well on mid settings without an extra graphics card.

ankush28

Bazinga
ha ha
A4 is even worse then 2nd gen pentium never go for A4 now, i think there is no a4 3500 it should be a6-3500, it is also not a good cpu, what is meaning of overclockable board when yout processor dont support OCing.
get A10 or g2010 nothing else...

intel g2010 - 3.2k
Gigabyte H61 -D2H mobo - rs 2.8
corsair value select 4GB - 1.8k
Corsair cx430 v2 watt - 2.3k
zebronics/iball cheap cabinet - 0.7k
seagate 160gb - 2k
Sapphire HD 6670 1 GB DDR5- 5k
total 17.8k much balanced configuration
to increase cpu performence get i3-3210 @ 6k so total 20.8k

updated ;)

Gollum

Collector
ha ha
A4 is even worse then 2nd gen pentium never go for A4 now, i think there is no a4 3500 it should be a6-3500, it is also not a good cpu, what is meaning of overclockable board when yout processor dont support OCing.
get A10 or g2010 nothing else...

updated ;)

If its intel, I would not recommend anything lesser than i3

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
is there really any cabinet available for 600 bucks ?
Yes, there are available they are just a bit larget than a micro ATX board. With mobo & PSU installed you have no space for anything else. Even the lowest end systems(i have seen one with i5 2400 with no gpu, it still overheats if side panel is not open) it overheats cause no airflow optimisation, you have to kept open the side panel.
I would not suggest anyone to buy these total crap, instead go for Iball ,Frontech cabinets around Rs.1000 atleast they have some airflow.

Among local brands I find iBall makes good enough cabinets for a basic system.

OP
F

Funny

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Any good config in AMD? Would AMD be better in my price range compared to Intel?

@ ankush : What PSU is needed for that config?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you've already got a suggestion for the PSU - it's Corsair cx430 v2 watt but the price is more than 2.5k

BTW, thanks guys for the info on Cheap cabinets and if Op can trade and search properly sometime these cheap cabinets can offer very good VFM stuff but Op needs to find one which exactly suits himself with plenty airflow and components placement .. anyway,, here's a config for OP :

AMD A8-5600K @ 6.5K
Asus F2A55-M LK @4k
Corsair VS 4GB 1333 Mhz 1.8k
CM CMP 250 @ 1.7k + 2x 120MM Silent fans @ 0.5k
160GB SGT @ 2k
Corsair VS 450 @ 2.2k

Total 18.7k

Gollum

Collector
my suggestion
AMD A4 5300 - 3.6Ghz cpu @ 3k - flipkart
MSI FM2 a55 E33 - 3.5k [ddr3 dual channel, overclockable board] - flipkart
corsair value select 4gb - 1.9k flipkart
corsair cx430v2 - 2.5k from golcha computer blore
zebronics cabinet 1k from either golcha or ankitIT blore
kb and mouse = .6k

total 12k

parts excluded
HDD
ODD
Graphics card

add a graphics card worth 3k to it, but I believe hd 7450D should be okay to play 1360x768 resolution.
I've tested grid 2 and remember me on this config and it runs well on mid settings without an extra graphics card.

Edited.

ankush28

Bazinga
you've already got a suggestion for the PSU - it's Corsair cx430 v2 watt but the price is more than 2.5k

BTW, thanks guys for the info on Cheap cabinets and if Op can trade and search properly sometime these cheap cabinets can offer very good VFM stuff but Op needs to find one which exactly suits himself with plenty airflow and components placement .. anyway,, here's a config for OP :

AMD A8-5600K @ 6.5K
Asus F2A55-M LK @4k
Corsair VS 4GB 1333 Mhz 1.8k
CM CMP 250 @ 1.7k + 2x 120MM Silent fans @ 0.5k
160GB SGT @ 2k
Corsair VS 450 @ 2.2k

Total 18.7k

very good config a true discrete class igpu

But If you can strech to 20k then i3+hd 6670ddr5 is better option.

also
A10-6800k & A8-6600k are available with the newer generation 8xxx series igpu
prices are 8k and 9.6k respectivly... cpu performence is just increased by 6-8% but igpu is much improved

*valid.canardpc.com/cache/screenshot/2828933.png

OP
F

Funny

Broken In
Thanks a lot ankush, topgear and others. (missing the thanks button on TD)

I would go with ankush or topgears config. Time to do some price research. :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
A10-6800k & A8-6600k are available with the newer generation 8xxx series igpu
prices are 8k and 9.6k respectivly... cpu performence is just increased by 6-8% but igpu is much improved

i dont think igpu is much improved
AnandTech | AMD's Richland vs. Intel's Haswell GPU on the Desktop: Radeon HD 8670D vs. Intel HD 4600
6800k's and 5800k's igpu still support the same VLIW4 architecture, both have 384 gpu cores, only 6800k's igpu is 44mhz faster. and 6800k is power optimised with official 2133mhz support.
higher memory clock helps boost performance for both 5800k's and 6800k's igpu. toms tested 6800k with 2133mhz which really brings performace close to i3/a10 with hd6670 ddr3
Results: Tomb Raider And Metro: Last Light - AMD A10-6700 And A10-6800K Review: Richland Hits The Desktop

Last edited:
OP
F

Funny

Broken In
Confused with topgear and ankush's configs.
AMD A8-5600K vs Intel Core i3-3210

Also read that the A8 can be OCed to 4.2Ghz and can be crossfired with 6670 for better graphic performance (In future if required)

Any reviews what would be better out of both the configs?

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
If you want to OC cpu then A8
If you want just gaming graphics then i3 cause in that I have included 6670 ddr5 which will perform better then a8 igpu, correct me if I am wrong.

OP
F

Funny

Broken In
Oh.. Then will go for i3 itself.

Guys I am planning to buy everything individually from different stores online/offline.
Just wanted to know if assembling it on my own would be better? Since I read few posts about static charge affecting the components. I have never assembled before, but I think I can do it.
So what do you guys suggest? Should I do it on my own with help of fellow members or should I get it done by a hardware shop?

Oh.. Then will go for i3 itself.

Guys I am planning to buy everything individually from different stores online/offline.
Just wanted to know if assembling it on my own would be better? Since I read few posts about static charge affecting the components. I have never assembled before, but I think I can do it.
So what do you guys suggest? Should I do it on my own with help of fellow members or should I get it done by a hardware shop?

Assemble it yourself. Watch some youtube videos for that. Before installing, make sure you read the motherboard, cpu and PSU's manuals. All information on which pin goes where is present there.

Top Bottom