Suggest Good Internal DVD Writer - SATA

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Hello Guys,

My old Sony DVD writer is not almost dead & I want a new one.
Please suggest me a good internal SATA DVD writer (which should be released recently)
Budget - 1200 /-

Thanks. :lol:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
this one - Asus DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive - Asus: Flipkart.com

new - *www.flipkart.com/asus-drw-24b5st-d...tical_drive_obsolete_internal_optical_drive_2

Last edited:
OP
RohanM

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
How is this one ??

*www.flipkart.com/liteon-ihas124-04...QCZF&ref=c460b10a-d594-4f10-b029-400e1a54bc38

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Asus drives are actually made by Lite ON!!!

You can go for a SAmsung SH-S223F. It is made under a collaboration of Samsung and Toshiba. And it is very very good over anything. I have very high regards for that Lite oN too over the Asus. Asus dosnt make them or does R&D on them they just market them under their brand name.

OP
RohanM

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Well guys finally bought Samsung SH-224BB DVD Burner from local store, asus was not avialble & I wanted dvd writer urgently... It can read/write dvd's & that's what I want.
Thanks.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Lite On is excellent no two ways about them.It is Lite ON who makes drives for Asus actually. Three brands great for drives are Lite On , Pioneer and Samsung Toshiba.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a little bit reluctant about suggesting Samsung Drives ... bought two of them with same model number but with different packaging - one was made for India ( with some sort of IN firmwire ) and another model was build for International market .. now the model build for India without some heavy usages did not even last for 1.5 years but the one made for international market is still in use after 4 years of ... and is true with a LG Pata drive .. this one was bought some 6.5 years ago ;-)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
When buying Samsung and LG you have to steer clear of the OEM drives that comes in plastic packaging, and rather buy the ones that come packaged in card board boxes.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Nowadays most drives comes with OEM packaging only and I don't see any harm in this .. at-least they work equally well as their box packed versions.

I don't know .. the previews samsung drives I bought came with nice package with cables, manuals and all and they were not some stuff ... the black package was for international model and the green one was the the pack for indian model.

Samsung SH-224BB was the model number with different firmwares for Indian and International model.

Top Bottom