Thnx GUys for being supportive
But i finally decided to go SONY DAV DZ120K
Cuz it was fitting in my buudget n sony is trust worthy

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
techmastermind...
i think u have joined this forum for just increasing ur post...
soory if my words r rude to u
cant u see i said tht i hav got sony DAV. DZ120 K...
so the discusion ends here...
i guess there is no need of further post...
even there r no other people who want home theater here for 16ks
and MY MY u hav joined on 2nd April.. n posted till 57...
r u glued to digit for 24 hrs a day...
im not against ur posting 57+ in just 2 days..
but against type n quality u post
Please post some sensible things...
here also u said creative mega works 5.1
u didnt telll why creative...
Please dont get upset...
we here r to help each other....

myhotdog

Journeyman
ymhatre said:
Thnx GUys for being supportive
But i finally decided to go SONY DAV DZ120K
Cuz it was fitting in my buudget n sony is trust worthy
hey ymhatre ! how much you paid for this SONY DAV DZ120K ? :)

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
my friend, could u please tell me about the speaker's specifications more properly, as you have finally purchased it.
And by the way congratulations on buying your new home theatre!!

hmmmm.... i wonder,"Where is the Party Yarr?".

:wink:

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
ok
here we go
@ mayanksharma..
speakers r mind blowing... at this price tag...
5 x 142 watt RMs speakers
plus 140 watt RMs sub woofer..
As u all mentioned tht woofer having low Rms than speakers it absurd...
but let me tell u this...
This woofers Rock my whole room of 17 x 15 = 255 square feet area drawing room...
Its not all tht even my neighbours room ( below mine) feel the beats when placed at the volume of 24 - 25... max volume is 34...
Even at high volume the speakers r cystal clear...
It almost felt like i was in theater when i was watching the first movie(KING KONG) played at the dvd player provided with the theater..
For theater climax i made the whole room dark n then watched it at the volume of 26....
It was mind blowing...
Infact the sound over here was even better than thaeter since i was having original DVD of tht movie...
I will definately consider abt the party... :wink:
Thts all with Fm/AM tunner provided with it, a good DVD player, this system rocks my room...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey ymhatre , congrats buddy , now has this system divx playback function ? if so then pls play some divx 5 and divx 6 files as well as some xvid ? and let me know ? this looks like a damn good system
? also can u connect ur tv to this system so that u can listen to tv sound in 5.1 souround sound ? also has it got optical digital in ? so that mobo sound can be listened thorough this beauty ?

also pls mention the kind of connections it has ? i mean stereo in/out , s video , component video etc ..

pls reply soon ....

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
yup this device has a Divx5 as well as divx6 play back...
I have tested it. both 5 as well as 6
more over its officially registered as a Divx player..
u get a serial code for this divx thing by means of it u can register to find it out tht the player has divx support..
With tht code u can activate VOD ie Video on Demand...
Also this baby can be connected to Tv, mother board...
for connecting it to mother board u need a specific cable (RCA - line in)costing around 25 Rs
Also this baby has svideo, stereo in out.. component video out.....
only thing is tht i hav not tested Xvid... cuz i hav no xvid video ...

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
no man it dont hav tht....
well tht may be disadvantage of this...
but overall its good...
or else best at this prize considering features...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
ok , thanks for the info .. i was asking that because these days all the motherboards has good high defination sound and also optical and coaxial digital out connections onboard ....

anyways , thanks and enjoy the movies :lol:

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Yogi would u please give me information abt those optical cables...
i hav not heard of themm.
Even i goolged them ...but i didnt find much there...

goobimama

 Macboy
Most PC soundcards don't give support for Optical out. The digital out needs a 1/8 pin to convert it to RCA type from where you need an RCA cable to connect it to your AV receiver.

The optical connection is available on the creative audigy 2 ZS "Platinum" edition, the one with the platinum drive n all. Even other such high end ones have optical out. I'm not sure of the Xbox though.

@ymyatre: For best quality sound while using Coaxial digital out, is to use a THX certified "Digital Audio Cable" and not the 25 rs one you have mentioned. My cable is currently shipping from the US...

And I still hold my opinion that the subwoofer is underpowered...But its your system and you seem to be quite happy with it. Congrats.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
@goobimama, using THX certified digital cable will not give you best sound quality unless your speakers are THX certified!
That you should make sure.

@ymhatre, you made good choice regarding speakers. No one complains about SONY!I just saw one back in my neighbourhood recently.But guess what, that doesn't matter to me.

Because i've got 27 speakers connected to my system!! Including SONY 500W system!

By the way seriously consider about the party:wink:
I will make sure to count this on you.

Congrats again.

bye.

goobimama

 Macboy
I do have a THX certified system (Logitech Z5500-D)...

But that doesn't mean that ymyatre should not use a THX cable. THX is just a certification, not a distinct feature like SATA in a HDD. It is just a certification of quality. And these cables are also certified for quality as they have high grade copper wires (Coax) and gold plated points. They carry sound with minimal loss to the Audio receiver.

Also, please explain how you got 27 speakers connected, and more importantly, why?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend, certified for quality doesn't mean that it will give you a THX approved sound!! Right??

But as you have THX approved system, which is good, then it is suitable for you.Not everybody wants to throw money only for getting a THX certified cable!;D
There are very good other alternatives available also.

And regarding my speakers, i connected them to my pc using the yamaha gold connectors for getting the optimum sound.Simply one to two stereo socket!
and more importantly, because i am really crazy.

by the way @goobimama could you please tell me one thing?
I have DTS and Dolby PrologicII amplifiers and speakers, but could you please tell me that what is the exact difference between THX and mine??
Its because i have heard Megaworks 550 recently in our lab, and found only its capability of handling and reproduction of sound during very high and full volumes with amazing clarity and without shattering!
Thats it! But is there anything else which sets these certifications apart from the usual??

OP
ymhatre

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@mayanksharma
Can u tell me frm where did u got tht Yahama gold cable...
Even i want to buy it...
As u said its 1 to 2, even i can use it to connect my mobo my SONY DZ120 speakers
Also mention the cost

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@mayank:

THX Certification

Dolby ProLogic II

I would say they are just different standards that need to be met in order to get certification. In my experience, for high-end 5.1 sets, you get Dolby as well as THX but on 2.1 sets (like my Logitech Z-2300) there's just THX. Dolby is meant for surround audio whereas THX can be applied to stereo audio as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom