Suggest digital camera around 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

nregmie

Broken In
I need to buy camera for home use. I bought Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W50 8 months ago after reading review from digit. The video quality was good but i didnt like the picture quality. Night and city pictures at night were very bad. After using 8 month i gave it to my relative.

Now i want to buy another camera and my budget is around 15000. Please suggest me some cameras. It should be good enough to take city pictures at night. It should be light weight and should easily fit in pocket. How is Sony Cybershot DSC-T100 and w80?
Ty

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Nikon coolpix S50..//7.2 mega pixel//..OR Nikon coolpix S500 (7.1 mega pixel)
price around 12K.

For entry level
Nikon coolpix L4
4 mega pixel...3X optical zoom...4X digit zoom...slim...attractive look.great performance.

For you:://you want to invest 15K//::
Nikon coolpix p500
10 mega pixel...4X optical zoom...4X digital zoom..1 GB card
Price: around Rs. 14K

Last edited:
OP
nregmie

nregmie

Broken In
thanks for the replies.
@ravi_9793, i checked all the cameras u suggested but they have very low rating on cnet and pcworld.com so i am not interested in them, anyway thanks.

@hailgautam, Canon S3IS has good rating at most places. I shoot primarily in low light , is it good enough for low lights?

i searched all over the net and i have shortlisted these cameras lol :)

anon PowerShot SD850
Canon PowerShot A720
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100
Canon PowerShot SD750 IS
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS
Canon PowerShot SD870 IS
Canon PowerShot S3 IS

which is the best one for low light?
ty

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Ankur Gupta said:
Canon A710IS is the next best and saw its price at indiaplaza.in few days back around 14-15k...

Yes I saw that too, but indiaplaza sucks. I ordered the same item, never got delivered for 2 months, and got the refund with great difficulty, all this inspite of being a platinum customer. Actually ordered it for a friend, he had the sense to check the courier before signing, and the box was empty! :-(
Never in my life will I buy from them.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, Canon A 710IS is a gr8 choice. It has optical image stabilization nd has very gud features. Its only drawback is it needs AA batteries. So lil bulky than those with Li-ion or AAA ones.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Whats difference between sony w55 and t20.

which one is better as price is nearly equal

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
One more vote for Canon S3 IS. I recently bought one from ebay for only Rs. 14k. It's a great camera. Within your price range it's the best option in my opinion. You can read detailed reviews of this at ---
*www.imaging-resource.com/
*www.dpreview.com/

No digicam within your price range will give decent results in low light conditions because at this price you can only get compact camears which use small CCD sensors to capture a image. So in low light they have to rise up the ISO level and hence the result become grainy. Only wayout is to use D-SLRs with great flashguns and the whole set will be too costly.

You can use extra flashgun with S3 IS made by Canon to get a little better image quality at night.

@aravind_n20
Using AA batteries is not a drawback but a plus point. You can get these anywhere when you need and NiMH rechargeables give great result and value for money with digicams. So all pros. like them.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Go for the Power Shot A710 IS. Here is a sample of the photography with the camera

*www.flickr.com/photos/colours_of_life/sets/72157602154206033/

and

*www.flickr.com/photos/colours_of_life/sets/72157602198818690/

Source: *autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Kawasaki_Eliminator_Bajaj_Avenger/message/1811

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
@ aravind_n20

"Yup, Canon A 710IS is a gr8 choice. It has optical image stabilization nd has very gud features. Its only drawback is it needs AA batteries. So lil bulky than those with Li-ion or AAA ones."

AA batteries are an advantage and not a drawback. Consider this:-

Life of such batteries is usually limited and they cost much more compared to AA btrys. Whereas you can pick AA size rechargeable btrys in various capacities like 1700 mAH, 2300mAH, 2700mAH.

The bigger advantage is ;

you can pick the AA batteries almost anywhere should you run out of those in your camera. You cant pick up those proprietary batteries like that.

Check this
*anditworkedforme.com/blog/?p=9 for explanation

Canon S3IS is a good choice, but i suppose its retailing around 25k so as hemant said, its out of your budget.. unless you get it .. errr.. in grey market.

I have few pics shot by Canon S2IS, younger sibling of S3IS at *www.anditworkedforme.com/cpydergraphix/index.php?cat=10001

and I have shot the moon with it. find it at
*www.anditworkedforme.com/cpydergraphix/thumbnails.php?album=6

Even Low Light photography is pretty good. If you want, I can upload it.

OP
nregmie

nregmie

Broken In
again ty all for replying.
@ cpyder i looked at photos u shot by Canon S2IS, they r very good.
Tomorrow i am going to buy one of these cameras, so please tell me which is the best.
1)Canon Powershot A570 IS (best buy gold digit oct 07)--Its available for 8750 indian currency here in ktm

2)Canon Powershot A710 IS (best buy silver digit oct 07)--available for 10500 IC

3)Canon S2IS --available for 11000 IC ( i like it cause it has 12x optical zoom but its only 5 mp camera), is it good?
please reply soon
ty

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
nregmie said:
again ty all for replying.
@ cpyder i looked at photos u shot by Canon S2IS, they r very good.
Tomorrow i am going to buy one of these cameras, so please tell me which is the best.
1)Canon Powershot A570 IS (best buy gold digit oct 07)--Its available for 8750 indian currency here in ktm

2)Canon Powershot A710 IS (best buy silver digit oct 07)--available for 10500 IC

3)Canon S2IS --available for 11000 IC ( i like it cause it has 12x optical zoom but its only 5 mp camera), is it good?
please reply soon
ty

Thanks friend for taking out time and going through my photo gallery.

Now, For a difference of only Rs 500/-, My strongest support goes to S2 IS! Even though the mega pixel count marginally low, but it does not make much of difference. I have taken 12inches x 15 inches print outs and they are perfect. I am sure, they will hold good 15x 18 inches or even one size higher. So, unless you are really going to print larger sizes, 5 MP is pretty good.

Another point is, all three cameras have same size sensor - 1/2.5 inches. So, practical difference between 5 and 7 MP in this case looks doubtful to me.

Moreover, look at the bucketful of features that S2 IS comes loaded with compared to other two cameras - 12x zoom - phenomenal, to say the least. and you can still use more lenses using the teleconverter..

0 distance focus - in super macro mode you can take picture of spots right on the lens itself!!

Perhaps, only digital camera which can boast of Stereo Phonic sound recording with two individual microphones.

Only disadvantage compared to other two is the bulkiness factor. S2IS is little bigger compared to other two.

With all that, I rest my case. ;)

P.S. - Go for S3 IS, If you can find it. price difference between S2IS and S3IS is hardly any. About six months ago, it was just about 500 bucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom