Suggest digital camera around 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
nregmie

nregmie

Broken In
thank u all for suggestions, specially cpyder thanks for ur advices.
Today i went to market to buy 2 cameras . One Canon S2 IS for myself and another Canon A570IS for my sister.

S3 IS was not available in the market cause all of them had newer one like s5 IS etc. Finally I was able to get a S2 IS at one shop and bought it for myself. It cost me 12000 IC with 2GB card.
When i was trying to buy A570 IS for my sister the shopkeeper told me he has one used S3IS, which was used for only 1 month.After bargaining he gave it just for 7000 IC with another 2 GB card. He gave me only 2 months replacement warranty(he will refund all the money if there is any problem within 2 months) with it. I think its a good deal, isnt it?

So i end up with one S2IS WITH 2GB card for 12000 and another S3IS with 2GB card for 7000. I also got 2 years replacement warranty with both cards.

Though these are bulky cameras I gave S3IS to my sister and KEPT S2IS for myself.

Now the shopkeeper also has used S3IS WIDE ANGLE LENS WITH MACRO and 0.45x or something like that was written in it. It contained few like 5-6 lenses in the bag.They are also used for 1 month and looked very new. He is asking 3000 for it. What is it and r they useful? Should i buy it?

@ cpyder, there r lots of functions in the cam, please tell me how to take nightshots. i tried to take few using nightshot mode but i am not fully satisfied with the result. is there some setting so i can take better nightshots? Other photos r very good.
ty

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^What were the prices of Canon A570IS and A710IS??
Also did the S2 IS come with 1 year warranty from the company or you bought from grey market..?

OP
nregmie

nregmie

Broken In
1)Canon Powershot A570 IS (best buy gold digit oct 07)--Its available for 8750 indian currency here in ktm

2)Canon Powershot A710 IS (best buy silver digit oct 07)--available for 10500 IC

With warannty, but remember its in ktm. almost all electronic goods including computer parts like graphics card, hd or any other parts costs much less in ktm than in india. just divide the price by 1.6, u get all these with warranty.

another info, a litre of petrol cost just Rs 41 IC here, lots of indian smuggle petrol from border lol.

vikasg03

Journeyman
Hy all,
I am also looking for best Digital camera in range up to 12K for personal home perpose. I am only looking cameras having lithium batteries with 5 or more Mega pixel also good output of videos . I want to know if any camera gives 25 fps and 320*240 screen size output , is it good?. More fps cameras are good or less fps cameras? i want the output must clear in 17 inch pc atleast.
is kodak cameras are not good. I never seen any one prefer or suggest kodak cameras

Vikas

OP
nregmie

nregmie

Broken In
i had sony cybershot dsc W50 for 8 months. I had taken lots of videos with it.They were very good. They even look crisp and good in my 19 inch wide screen lcd.i suggest w55, upgrade to W50.

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
nregmie said:
thank u all for suggestions, specially cpyder thanks for ur advices.

When i was trying to buy A570 IS for my sister the shopkeeper told me he has one used S3IS, which was used for only 1 month.After bargaining he gave it just for 7000 IC with another 2 GB card. He gave me only 2 months replacement warranty(he will refund all the money if there is any problem within 2 months) with it. I think its a good deal, isnt it?

Now the shopkeeper also has used S3IS WIDE ANGLE LENS WITH MACRO and 0.45x or something like that was written in it. It contained few like 5-6 lenses in the bag.They are also used for 1 month and looked very new. He is asking 3000 for it. What is it and r they useful? Should i buy it?

@ cpyder, there r lots of functions in the cam, please tell me how to take nightshots. i tried to take few using nightshot mode but i am not fully satisfied with the result. is there some setting so i can take better nightshots? Other photos r very good.
ty

Congratulations, nregmie. you are now part of the Canon family. And thank you for your appreciation.

Coming to your deal - frankly and honestly, I am jealous!! (i purchased S2IS, 18 months ago for a whooping 30k :-( You got steal of a deal.

About the bag ful of lenses - wide angle lenses are usualy costly, costlier than telephoto lenses of same quality. They are definitly a good buy. Just check which brand are they. And which are these '5-6 lenses'? You got to make sure that these work with S3IS. Usually a tele/wide angle converter/adapter is required in order to fit these lenses. Make sure of that before you buy them. In any case, 3k seems a good deal for lenses if they are of any known brand like tamron, sigma, canon etc.

Coming to your query on night shots. One way is to use the built in setting. rotate the revolving switch next to the shutter release button to the night mode icon and just shoot. Since the low light photography requires longer exposure, make sure you use the tripod or place your camera on some solid surface to avoid the blur. Another handy trick is to use the timer of 2 sec. This eliminates chances of camera shake when you press the shutter release button.

Other option is to use manual setting. Rotate the switch to 'M' and use the 4 way rocker switch to adjust aperture and shutter speed. Try this - put off the digital zoom. set aperture to 3.5, shutter speed to 1/125. shoot the moon with full optical zoom. you will be amazed. experiment a little with aperture and shutter speed to get the hang of it.
This pic was shot with the same setting:-
*www.anditworkedforme.com/cpydergraphix///displayimage.php?pos=-77

And dont forget to shoot videos with it. You may shoot a maximum of 28 mins in one GB, but the quality is amazing. recompress the video on the computer. If yous shoot at best setting (640x480 @ 30 fps) the result is like watching a DVD. and you have just about 8min video fitting in a one GB card. S2IS is one of perhaps a couple of digital cameras that allows optical zoom while shooting video. Usualy the digital cameras only have digital zoom during video shoot which degrades the quality, not with canon S2IS.
Hope that helps. Happy shooting. :)

OP
nregmie

nregmie

Broken In
thanks NucleusKore n cpyder.
@cpyder, those lenses r from canon and were made for S2 IS.The shopkeeper showed me how to use them. 1st lens was for getting wide angle pics, 2nd was for macro and using 3rd i can change the brightness of object just by rotating the lens!. i still have to check what other lenses r for. Well they fit perfectly using adapter and was free with the lenses. anyway i bought them for 3k though he was asking 5-7k.

i had w50 before but was never interested in photoraphy this much. thanks a lot for ur suggestion and now i am in love with my S2:) .Like u said those videos r like watching dvds.

i want to learn digital photography so can u give me some links to good tutorials for using S2 IS.i searched net but there r so many, its difficult to choose.

here r some pics i took without using external lens.automode except the moon.
*www.flickr.com/photos/13592212@N04/1589248018/
*www.flickr.com/photos/13592212@N04/1589240950/
*www.flickr.com/photos/13592212@N04/1588345735/
*www.flickr.com/photos/13592212@N04/1588446433/
*www.flickr.com/photos/13592212@N04/1589636330/

vikasg03

Journeyman
Any good camera in canon having litium battery upto 12K, What about one new camera Canon PowerShot SD870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom