Suggest CPU-MOBO-RAM

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming(BF3, Max Payne 3, Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider 2013)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 15k without monitor OR 20K with Monitor ... can add 1 to 2K more for the monitor.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: already have a HDD - WDC 250 GB Sata + 1 TB WD Portable USB 3.0

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 20inch+ LED with HDMI ....

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
GPU - Sapphire RADEON HD 5670 - 1GB DDR5 - PCIe v2.0 x16
SMPS - Corsair CX 430 V2
Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech Combo MK200 USB
iBall Cabinet. with 1x120mm fan + 1x80mm Fan
HDD - WDC 250 GB Sata
Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: many times.. not a issue..

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai. I am open to buying it from locally as well as online.. will be going to Lamington road, mumbai
suggestions about shops and sites are welcome.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
The reason for my Upgrade is that my existing MOBO - Intel DG33FB is DEAD
open to intel as well as AMD

Hardware want to Buy:

CPU - Intel or AMD based ( Any of them )
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard.
RAM - 4 GB
Monitor - 21" LED HDMI [ if fits into my budget.. can extend budget by 1to2k more to fit the monitor]

Time period : looking ahead for next 5 years

Existing hardware configuration (for reference)

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz - 7 yreas OLD
Motherboard - Intel DG33FB - DEAD- 7 yreas OLD
GPU - Sapphire RADEON HD 5670 - 1GB DDR5 - PCIe v2.0 x16
RAM - DDR2-SDRAM 4 GB [2Gbx1, 1Gbx2]
Monitor - Samsung CRT VGA - VERY OLD 17" - Working Fine
SMPS - Corsair CX 430 V2
Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech Combo MK200 USB
iBall Cabinet. with 1x120mm fan + 1x80mm Fan
HDD - WDC 250 GB Sata

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
IMO, your current configuration if pretty balanced and can keep up with some minor upgrades. Just get a DDR3 motherboard, 8 Gigabyte of DDR3 Ram and a good Graphics card and a CPU cooler. You can sell of your existing motherboard, GPU and Rams to fetch some more money.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT @ 4K
Ram: Kingston/Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB X 2 DDR3 @ 4.4K
Display: Dell IN2030 @ 6.4K
GPU: Sapphire HD 7790 @ 11K
Total: 25.4K (Considering you will get some money by selling of your old components)

Why I am suggesting this because most of current games are highly demanding in graphics processing capabilities and 5670 is not certified to play all those games at 1600X900 resolution, even sometimes with low settings. Since you already own a Quad Core Processor, IMO, getting a powerful GPU is more important here.

Garv1386

Journeyman
IMO, your current configuration if pretty balanced and can keep up with some minor upgrades. Just get a DDR3 motherboard, 8 Gigabyte of DDR3 Ram and a good Graphics card and a CPU cooler. You can sell of your existing motherboard, GPU and Rams to fetch some more money.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT @ 4K
Ram: Kingston/Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB X 2 DDR3 @ 4.4K
Display: Dell IN2030 @ 6.4K
GPU: Sapphire HD 7790 @ 11K
Total: 25.4K (Considering you will get some money by selling of your old components)

Why I am suggesting this because most of current games are highly demanding in graphics processing capabilities and 5670 is not certified to play all those games at 1600X900 resolution, even sometimes with low settings. Since you already own a Quad Core Processor, IMO, getting a powerful GPU is more important here.

I agree with cilus u r current configuration will work good with some better GPU, MOBO & RAM

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
@ Op - get GTX 660 / GTX 650 Ti Boost and dell S2240L @ 9k.

my CPU - (Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz) is 6.5 to 7 years old... so i am not so confident to take is forward..
also any idea how much money it (CPU) can fetch me on selling.

Also i am not plaining to sell off GPU-5670 as of now... may be later. So will be continuing with this GPU.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, your GPU is now outdated to play today's high end games at 1600X900 resolution. So better invest on that if you wanna play games

For Processor + Motherboard + 4GB Ram, you can expect around 5K since the all the components are pretty old and out of warranty.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Buddy, your GPU is now outdated to play today's high end games at 1600X900 resolution. So better invest on that if you wanna play games

For Processor + Motherboard + 4GB Ram, you can expect around 5K since the all the components are pretty old and out of warranty.

I am extremely sorry ... the reason for my upgrade it that my existing MOBO is DEAD.

I may upgrade the GPU sometime later. As of now... I hav no budget for the GPU.
Also jus for my info.. how much my existing GPU -1 Gb DDR5 -5670 - in warranty - 1.5 yrs left - will fetch me on selling???

Cilus

laborare est orare
If dead motherboard is your reason for upgrade, then go what I have suggested earlier. Get a new DDR3 motherboard, 8 GB of Ram and a good GPU. For your graphics card, I think it can fetch around 3K.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
I hav roughly finalized ... my config for upgrade:
FX 6300 (7200)
G.Skill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB 2.2k
Asus M5A97 R2.0(6100)

Sometime later .. after a month..
Dell st2240L 22" LED monitor (8500) + GPU (GPU if possible.)

Also I am trying to SELL off my existing components: - can someone help me with the pricing I should get for these??
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz - FULLY FUNCTIONAL
RAM: DDR2-SDRAM 4 GB [2Gbx1, 1Gbx2] - FULLY FUNCTIONAL
MOBO: Intel DG33FB - DEAD

I hav roughly finalized ... my config for upgrade:
FX 6300 (7200)
G.Skill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB 2.2k
Asus M5A97 R2.0(6100)

Sometime later .. after a month..
Dell st2240L 22" LED monitor (8500) + GPU (GPU if possible.)

Also I am trying to SELL off my existing components: - can someone help me with the pricing I should get for these??

You NEED a gpu with that cpu and motherboard. there's no IGP on that.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
You NEED a gpu with that cpu and motherboard. there's no IGP on that.

Any inputs for the pricing??

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
Guys..
Bought the items from PrimeABGB, Lamington Road, Mumbai.
FX 6300 & Asus M5A97 R2.0 - (Rs 14400)
G.Skill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB - (Rs 2700)
-------------------------------------------------------
Total: Rs 17100
------------------------------------------------------

Also the Quote for Dell ST2240L 22" LED monitor was Rs 9100 -- will be buying later.

thanks to all for the inputs...

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Well you could have used Intel Core 2 Quad since it's a pretty capable CPU for playing games when overclocked. And you could've saved the money and bought next gen processor. But anyway congo.

Top Bottom