Suggest best droid under 30k

Empirial

Youngling
I have and all the points I mentioned have been highlighted in GSMArena review. :)

GPU cannot compare even with S3's Mali 400, forget Adreno 225/305 and 320.

Camera is only above average

Video Quality is worse than S3

Multitasking is as bad as in S3

Battery Stamina 44 hours compared to 56 hours on S3

Audio Quality is massively inferior

Also got overheating problems

X+ overheating issues thread - Page 6 - xda-developers

Tell me bro why will you pay 29k for HTC One X+ when 1k more will get you Optimus G? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????

Kyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun :D

Actually bro the price of LOG is now increased (32k) whereas OP needs a phone within 30k. As far as Audio Quality is concerned, this is what they say,"One of our greatest disappointments when reviewing the HTC One X was its audio output. The One X+ predecessor had high distortion levels and a general performance that didn't suit a flagship device. Luckily, HTC has managed to solve whatever issues it had this time and the One X+ really managed to ace our test.

The new HTC top dog delivered some of the cleanest audio output we have seen both with an active external equalizer and with headphones. There are no weak points to its performance whatsoever and if its volume levels weren't only average we'd be recommending it to every audiophile out there.

Don't get us wrong - the One X+ is still a great choice for anyone who finds audio quality important - it's just that it's not alone at the top".

Source : HTC One X+ review: The complete package - GSMArena.com

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

GSMArena audio test isn't reliable at all. I've heard the One X+ and it really isn't great. Definitely worse than S3

I have nothing against One X+ just that I don't feel going for a 2012 phone with last gen hardware is worth it

Especially for OP, when he has had GS3 going for One X+ will leave him disappointed for sure.

And Optimus G may be 32 on FK, but local stores OP can surely get it for 30k or so.

Even Xperia ZL is 32k now in Sony centers

And even if Optimus G is 32, for 3k extra it is WAYYYYYY better deal than outdated One X+

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
There were few cons in One X which was taken care and then HTC released their improved version and named it One X+.
And considering HTC is available only for 27k, I don't think anything beats it right now at that price.

randomuser111

Technomancer
There were few cons in One X which was taken care and then HTC released their improved version and named it One X+.
And considering HTC is available only for 27k, I don't think anything beats it right now at that price.

Let's see.

Xperia SP is more than twice as fast with a GPU 3 times more powerful
Bigger Battery
Similar Camera
Much better multitasking
Guaranteed Android 5.0 KLP update

AND cheaper by 2k.

If you can shed some light on what 45nm fabrication has to do with heating (technically) please ?

Same as in laptops. The smaller the die the lesser heat it will generate and the more power efficient it will be.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Same as in laptops. The smaller the die the lesser heat it will generate and the more power efficient it will be.

Well, less power efficient and heating are two very different things. Obviously I know about the prior, wanted if 45nm had anything to do with latter.

And smaller die size not always means lesser heat generation. Sometimes it generates more heat also when physical limits are pushed, which eventually is pushing moore's law to an end.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well, less power efficient and heating are two very different things. Obviously I know about the prior, wanted if 45nm had anything to do with latter.

And smaller die size not always means lesser heat generation. Sometimes it generates more heat also when physical limits are pushed, which eventually is pushing moore's law to an end.

In theory yes, but along with a shrink in die size, there also other improvements made which allows for lesser heat dissipation along with better performance. So yes it's not ONLY about the size but other factors contribute as well.

But in general that's what happens. Lower heat and higher efficiency

aroraanant

Explorer
Previously Sony Ericsson phones(talking about those K790 and similar phones) were known to have the best camera but now I have not seen a single android phone from Sony or Sony Ericsson which are really very good(all perform just average), I remember I have compared many Sony/Sony Ericsson phones which were launched a year later to my Incredible S and had a 8mp camera but instead of giving better results they were not able to even compete with the same.
How can we forget that Sony build quality cannot be compared to that of HTC.
Now how SP performs against One X+, we can only say when proper reviews are out or when SP is available in market widely.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Forget about camera and build (though they both are on par at least, with HTC One X), performance wise SP murders the One X/+. It's like the difference between Xperia J and Optimus L9

Hardware wise it's way outdated, even a sub 20k Xperia L outperforms the One X.

And camera wise, though recent Sony devices may not been as good as old Cybershot SEs, they are still much better than HTC which never bad a device with good camera. Check GSMArena. Not a single HTC phone scored good review for camera EVER. One X is also strictly average quality wise.

And for build quality, please go and check XDA HTC forums you'll see hundreds of threads complaining about HTC's poor quality control and sub standard build in many devices. It's like a build quality lottery at HTC

aroraanant

Explorer
Well I own HTC Device and have compared with many Sony phones and my friends who own Sony phones(when we compared Incredible S and Arc S in particular) accept that that HTC performs better, HTC has a better camera and also it has got a better build quality too.
(One thing I should I make clear that Arc S was launched a year later to Incredible then also it was let down).
Well if you want talk about complaints then there are more complaints of Sony phones than HTC, and difference in no. is huge.HTC has more satisfied customers then Sony, for info of the same please take the help of Mr. GOOGLE.

Well it is really nice that you let us aware of the upcoming products of Sony and let us know about each and every product of Sony in detail but it is not a good practice that you just takes one's side everytime.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Taking sides? Hahahha you're the one taking sides or just suggesting same phones in every thread - Get Note 2, Get Desire X, Get Xperia J without any explanations.

You've completely undermined your credibility by suggesting crappy Xperia J multiple times to people. And now you're recommending HTC One X

And I'm not even asking the OP to buy Sony here, I told him to get Nexus 4 or Optimus G. Why would I do that ? I personally do not like LG one bit but still I recommended those over HTC One X/+ simply because it's not worth it. Buying a 2012 phone that's only on par with S3 and worse in some areas at 29k is just being foolish IMO. Especially with such an outdated GPU

And yea I'd love to see where you saw HTC customers are much more satisfied than Sony. :D Maybe that's why HTC is going bankrupt and sold only 3 million Android phones and 5 million smartphones total in Q4 and Q1 2013 ;)

*i.imgur.com/jhb1Owa.jpg

Above stats from the most popular phones site- GSMArena. See which brand is on top ??????????? :p

I think you should just pray HTC even exists by this time next year :D

Until then spend some time on XDA HTC phone forums and enlighten yourself about the "true greatness" of HTC quality. Then maybe you'll know the secret behind HTC's straight drop down market share wise since past 2 years.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Well I don't suggest Nexus, the reason behind it is that it doesn't carry any warranty and its no fun investing 24k for phone which has no warranty so if there comes any problem one has to search at many places first to get it repaired and that too after spending a boom.
And I don't like the UI of LG phones and also lookwise they are not so good.
May be suggesting Xperia J was not a good idea that time and I take that, but that was a time and I couldn't find or can say didn't like any other phone in that price bracket that time.But now the time has gone and we should not think of the old things.
Note 2 is really good.And is one of the best phones or can say the best phablet in market right now. I never liked any of the Samsung Galaxy series phones and neither suggested one to anybody but Note is something different.
I never said HTC One X+ is the best, but yes it is a very good option for 27k.
Now lets stop this discussion and let OP decide what is good for him. .....PEACE

OP
RohanM

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
thanks for all ur suggestions.
I guess I will get N4 next month as my cousin is coming from US. i will get N4 for only 19k so every penny worth it.

Top Bottom