Suggest Android Phone for 22k

prophet

Broken In
1. Budget- 22k
2. Display type and size- 4 inches (large display is preferrable)
3. Form Factor- Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand- Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG

7. Preferred operating system- Android
8. Preferred connectivity options- 3G, Wifi
10. Primary use of handset- multimedia, internet, mild gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration- xperia sola, xperia u, xperia p, htc sensation, etc
12. Any other info that you want to share- the phone must have atleast 1 ghz processor(dual core preferred since most phones comin with dual core now), 512 mb ram atleast, and having considerable space to store, and having a good battery backup.....
one more thing many phones are coming with non detachable batteries now a days, will this be a disadvantage since if the battery gets damaged it wont be user replaceable....
one more thing i would be custom rooting the phone afterwards....
thanks in advance.

Last edited:

D3LeT3

Broken In
HTC SENSATION 22k saholic.com

Sensation is sold out everywhere man. Its a pity.It was a steal for 22.3k but the cheapest Sensation i can find is around 25k.Might as well sacrifice a few expensive dinners and go for the Xperia S around 28k with the right voucher or reduced price 2-3 weeks from now.

OP
prophet

prophet

Broken In
so if i get my hands on a sensation should i go for it?.....i am interested in sony xperia p as well but heard that the battery performance is very poor, any idea about this?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Battery performance definitely improves after 10 days of usage or so, in any case its at worst no better than the Sensation. Sensation itself has terrible battery life.

D3LeT3

Broken In
You could look at the Evo 3D as well.BTW Evo 3D has the same Processor+ GPU + MORE RAM config. But it has two 5mp Cameras for 3D vids and photos(which aren't too great according to reviews) So incase you were really looking forward to the HTC Sensation which is no longer easily available, I'd highly recommend the HTC Evo 3D if you can live with a little less good photos as compared to the Sensation and if the Xperia P is not really ringing all the right bells for you in terms of battery life, and some pink tinge on camera issues(which should be sorted out in the next batch). You could find a good deal for the Evo 3D. Probably something around 22.5 would not be difficult to find with the right voucher. Once again keep in mind that the Evo 3D is last years phone just like the Sensation.
All the best.
P.S.: The Evo 3D apparently performed ever so slightly better than the Sensation in benchmarks(it matters to some people.I believe in performance i can see)

^
Battery performance definitely improves after 10 days of usage or so, in any case its at worst no better than the Sensation. Sensation itself has terrible battery life.

I totally agree with the batteries reaching optimal capacity to hold charge after 10 days or so.This seems to be true for all the Sony Xperia phones. The Sensation did have crappy battery life.Most people used to set aside Rs.1,500/- or so to pick up extra batteries Anker batteries+Charger Combo from ebay or amazon.:wink:

Unkn0wN

2 STRONK
Galaxy S Advance is pretty good too a smaller S2 infact, its around 22k at saholic.
It was released in April 2012 but no news about ICS for it, i expect that it might get it later on.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
I doubt S advance will get ICS going by Samsung's track record. Also it only has 720p video recording/5mp camera as compared to 8mp/1080p of Xperia P.

Top Bottom