Suggest an Android mobile within 10-16k

Please suggest me an Android mobile within 10-16k. I want a good processor, a good display quality and good battery life.

I have my eyes set on HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire, HTC Salsa, Samsung Galaxy SL and Spice Mi-410.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. And also, which store in Bangalore gives the best deal?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Galaxy SL is good vfm, else try Moto Defy too, it's a steal @12k. There is some discount going on defy in eBay, check it out.

Desire is out of production, but if you can find one below 20k, it's a great phone with strong community support.

varuog

Journeyman
Perhaps you forgot the most suitable in this range - the Motorola Defy (or the Defy+ if you can wait and spend the extra cash).

Its the ideal choice in my opinion (and also my next buy).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Defy seems to have a slower CPU. Laggy performance will be an issue or won't it?

slow cpu? it have a fast processor & much better graphics processor than Wildfire S & Salsa. also if you start modding it, you can increase its speed to 1Ghz & more. perfectly stable.

What about the spice one? It has 1GHz CPU...

don't blindly go by clockspeed. yes, the processor on the Spice is better than the one found on Defy but ultimately both are same. i won't recommend buying spice. if some problem arises, you'll have to bear the trouble of running from one place to another as MI410 is not manufactured by Spice but Huawei.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
There are quite a few models you can get for this range, thanks to the discount offers at various eCommerce sites in India.

HTC Wildfire S A510e for Rs.13199
HTC Salsa C510e for Rs.14599
Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace for Rs.13,199.00
Spice Mi-410 for Rs.12,999

The HTC Wildfire S is an android gingerbread phone. Comes with 3.2 inch capacitive touchscreen, gorilla glass display, supports 3G and Wi-Fi, 5MP camera with LED flash, A-GPS with eCompass, 600MHz processor speed.

The HTC Salsa Comes with android gingerbread, 3.4 inch display, HTC Sense UI, 5MP camera with LED flash and autofocus & VGA front camera, push email, 800 MHz processor, multiple browsing windows, GPS, Google Maps etc. Slightly better than the Wildfire S and costs 1400 more.

The Samsung Galaxy Ace comes with android froyo, 3.5 inch capacitive touchscreen supported by TouchWiz v3.0 UI, ThinkFree Office mobile, 3G & Wi-Fi, A-GPS, 800 MHz processor. You also get the social hub app which lets you integrate communications through all email, social networking, and instant messenger accounts in one convenient display. For the price, looks and the features, this can be a good choice.

The last but not the least - Spice Mi-410 gives you the max bang for the buck. For the price it offers the best hardware. It comes with android froyo (Spice says official upgrade for Gingerbread available soon), 4.1inch capacitive touchscreen , 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 5MP camera, secondary VGA camera and CMOS sensor for capturing better pictures. Other features include 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor & A-GPS with digital compass.

The above prices are from Saholic.com. These are promotional prices due to the android festival - Saholic.com - Android Festival | Facebook

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
So everyone feels the defy is the way to go? Just had a look at Croma and wow... it's rugged. But the interface was confusing.

Had a look at Mi-410 at Spice hotspot. The set was nice and fast. Priced at R. 13880 including VAT tax.

Gonna go have a look at defy again!

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hands down DEFY!!

Whoever suggested Ace please check out so many other threads why people don't recommend Ace. If you get Ace for around 11k then its good otherwise that crappy device shouldn't be even sold!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't go for spice...
You can have a look at Desire,its a very good phone but the only problem is that its battery back up is not that good...

Srvn

Right off the assembly line
HI All,

This is my first time in thinkdigit... :)

Guys i'm waiting for DEFY+, what may be the price and when its gonna be released?

Is it worth waiting for it??

Thanks

mukeshgupta

Broken In
Defy seems to be the favorite .

Infibeam use to sell it for 14K but they have increased the price to 14,999 as per mysmartprice. Flipkart sells for 15,399 and Saholic sells for 14,399.

When is Defy plus expected? anytime soon...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
by Q4 2011. but looking at the new batch of Android mobile from SE & Samsung, it mayn't be a good buy if it isn't priced at 16k or less.

Srvn

Right off the assembly line
What phones you meant, saying new batch of phones from SE and Samsung?
Name some... also, suggest me some phones which has features equal to or better than defy+ with a range 12 to 16K

Top Bottom