Suggest a value for money SMPS for my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have got a Desktop with AMD 64 processor, 2 GB RAM, 2 Hard disk, 1 DVD writer. Recently my SMPS has started to bleed. So now I need a new SMPS. I will also buy a graphic card may be Geforce 9800/HD 4850. So now suggest me a SMPS wich can easily power my rig.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Why do I see cm 600w extreme next to vx450? CM600 is just another expensive outdated scrap in comparison with vx450.
Best if you change the psu ASAP OR else don't use the system in the first place. Some years ago someone whom I know had the same issue and ordered a psu- unfortunatly due to his impatience he lost a8n sli premium edition with opteron 165 denmark core, 2GB transcend rams and also his 160GB Samsung IDE- oh yeah he had 6600gt as well. This was back in the good old days when the legendary 6600gt was 12k.

Last edited:

Crossfire

Rig It Up
^^Yes go with corsair vx450. If low on budget get corsair cx400 or VIP 600W, both around 3K.

*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/smps02.html

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
is 450 watt enough???

and I looked in ebay for corsair VX 450 and I found that it costs around 4.2K

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Well vx450's true rating is actually a 500w, but its known to give 600-650w on 80% peak load. But out of curiosity, the processor which you have, I believe its a singlwe core socket 939 type?

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
ya my processor is a single core but I might be upgardading it too aong with the GFX card
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
some one plz post the cost of corsair VX 450

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Differs from where you live. Its between 4.0k- 4.2k with 5 years manufacturer's warranty. You can consider antec earthwatts 430w as an alternate which should be for 3.5k but I think the warranty is something like 2 years. But if you are upgrading with the system, its best if psu advice is given according to the rig that you have.

Arnab boss

In the zone
u can opt 4 zebronics 700 watts @ 3.2k , it looks good and has a big blue led fan to give a glossy look. It has enough power 4 my phenom 2 940 and gts 250 512mb, 2 optical drives and 1 t.b hdd, with antec 900 gaming cabinet..it is running well and comes with a 3 yrs warranty...

think obt it as it will save some bucks and ur purpose will b served..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
my frend runs his X2 oced to 2.9Ghz, 4GB mem, 2 HDDs and a 9800GT oced on a zebronics 500W platinum w/o any problem.
500W plat is for 1.8k and 600W plat is for 2.4k

surinder

Tech addict
ya my processor is a single core but I might be upgardading it too aong with the GFX card
Posted again:
some one plz post the cost of corsair VX 450
First of all make up your mind about your upgrades according to its power requirement suggestion can be given.

Arnab boss

In the zone
u can opt 4 zebronics 700 watts @ 3.2k , it looks good and has a big blue led fan to give a glossy look. It has enough power 4 my phenom 2 940 and gts 250 512mb, 2 optical drives and 1 t.b hdd, with antec 900 gaming cabinet..it is running well and comes with a 3 yrs warranty...

think obt it as it will save some bucks and ur purpose will b served..

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Regarding my upgrade:

planing to upgrade to AMD Phenom II X4 940 and Palit GTX 260 Sonic GFX.

Now tell me the best value for money PSU.

If corsair VX 450 is enough then I will buy it; but is is costly :(

surinder

Tech addict
Regarding my upgrade:

planing to upgrade to AMD Phenom II X4 940 and Palit GTX 260 Sonic GFX.

Now tell me the best value for money PSU.

If corsair VX 450 is enough then I will buy it; but is is costly :(
Keeping your upgrades in mind you can go with Corsair VX 450w for 4K eyes closed. yes it should be around 3.2K but still no competition to it even at it is in 4K nowadays.:cry::cry::cry:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Corsair vx450 eyes closed. Dont let the labelled wattage fool you. It can give power upto 650w pretty easily on 80% load. It comes with a 5 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom