Suggest a value for money psu

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
My younger bro's hostel rig config is as follows...

AMD Athlon X2 4600+

1GBx2 DDR2 Ram

Asus M2N MX SE2 PLUS Mobo

500GB SATA HDD

DVD RW

2x120mm case fans

Nvidia GTX460 1GB(my card...might soon be his :cry: ) :lol:

He had my HD4850 and CM Extreme Power 500(of 2007 vintage :shock:) earlier

So I want to have him a new PSU...(a bare minimum...short of money ;) )

He will be using the rig maybe for another 1 n 1/2 years max...

Choices that I have

1. Corsair CX430 V2...@ 2860
2. Corsair CX500.......@ 3380
3. Corsair VX450.......@ 3900
4. Corsair GS600.......@ 4056

UPDATE

Also people...any ideas on CM GX series...450W/550W?

5. Seasonic S12II Bronze 430W..@3432

Prices are inclusive of taxes.

EDIT

Hows this? Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W @ 3300... Is it available locally in Kolkata?

So which one is better?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Since you are from Kolkata, go for the Tagan Stonerock 500W 80+ Bronze @ 3K. Avoid CX series PSUs at all cost. GS 600 can be considered if lots of upgrade is expected in near future. But I really doubt that your bro is gonna spend money on that old rig after some time.

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Since you are from Kolkata, go for the Tagan Stonerock 500W 80+ Bronze @ 3K. Avoid CX series PSUs at all cost. GS 600 can be considered if lots of upgrade is expected in near future. But I really doubt that your bro is gonna spend money on that old rig after some time.

Is it certified bronze? Cud not find it mentioned in the 80 plus site here

pick either GS600 or VX450W. But do check out FSP Saga II 500W. Heard that it is better.

Afaik,FSP is unavailble in Kolkata....hmmm it seems 4k is gonna go out real soon :| But also,VX450W has only 1 6pin PCIE connector :(

Get CX430v2, it'll work good.

Are us sure? It only has a 6+2(only :shock:) PCIE power connector,and ONLY 3 molex connectors....2gone for another 6pin PCIE power...this is bad

Souro_Ray

In the zone
I saw Tagan Stonerock 500W at MD last Saturday for around 3100 plus VAT... If you want to buy from Calcutta...

PS: oh damn! Sorry Cilus buddy.. missed your post #2... :(

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I saw Tagan Stonerock 500W at MD last Saturday for around 3100 plus VAT... If you want to buy from Calcutta...

PS: oh damn! Sorry Cilus buddy.. missed your post #2... :(

I m from Kolkata...but are those Tagan units any good?

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I've heard they are good, but honestly in terms of service I trust none but corsair and seasonic, see if you can get a seasonic.

I know buddy...but is that CM Real Power Pro 460W avalabl in these parts? Price?

The seasonic 430W gonna cost 3.4K around? Good?

I m really pissed about the cable structure of the CX series...1 8pin PCIE with only 3 Molex ports... :mad:

tkin

Back to school!!
I know buddy...but is that CM Real Power Pro 460W avalabl in these parts? Price?

The seasonic 460W gonna cost 3.4K around? Good?

I m really pissed about the cable structure of the CX series...1 8pin PCIE with only 3 Molex ports... :mad:
I doubt it, ask md, but if you truly need 2xpcie power connectors get GS600.

The seasonic 430W gonna cost 3.4K around? Good?

Does the seasonic meet your needs? If so get it, tirupati gives good A.S.A, go ahead.

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I used the PSU Calculator lite v2.5....and used my config as mentioned with 10% capacitor aging and 389W came up as recommended...this upgrade is the last for this system...

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
First of all tell him that TDF members told him not to take the graphics card and show him this thread. That system will be a HUGE bottleneck for the graphics card.

tkin

Back to school!!
I used the PSU Calculator lite v2.5....and used my config as mentioned with 10% capacitor aging and 389W came up as recommended...this upgrade is the last for this system...
God enough, get it man, asap, before it runs out, a lot of members are asking questions about it :p

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
First of all tell him that TDF members told him not to take the graphics card and show him this thread. That system will be a HUGE bottleneck for the graphics card.

Its mee who is pushing the GTX460 on my bro so that I can settle for a GTX560 Hawk :p :rofl:
Should be an upgrade from the HD4850...

God enough, get it man, asap, before it runs out, a lot of members are asking questions about it :p

Get what? Asking questions? What about? :eek:

tkin

Back to school!!
Its mee who is pushing the GTX460 on my bro so that I can settle for a GTX560 Hawk :p :rofl:
Should be an upgrade from the HD4850...

Get what? Asking questions? What about? :eek:
Get the CX430v2, many members are asking about it, it'll vanish in no time.

GTX460 will be a massive upgrade from 4850.

Top Bottom