Suggest a sound card within 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
hi friends,
my onboard sound got kaput, so I have decided to buy a sound card. Please suggest a good 5.1 sound card within the range of 1k.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Under 1k, there isnt any reputable brand. Go to the local shop and pick anyone like Enter, Intex etc, which offers 5.1 sound at affordable prices, and shud sound slightly better than onboard.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think Creative Live 7.1 is still available for some 1.1k-1.2k. Also check for Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
thanks for the suggestion, i don't think Creative Live 7.1 is still avaliable, cuz i checked on google and there are no positive results, nor it is on Creative website.

Also can anybody quote the price of Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic.

hows Audigy?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Is it available? Whats the approx price? Will it run on Win 7?
I am badly stuck with my Philips PSC605 5.1 Sonic Edge soundcard. The drivers are extinct for ages!! :p

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Channel Sound Card. 5k. Probably the best one available. There are more expensive flavours of this card. But this is the one you can go for.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What exactly is that creative 5.1. Looks like they are trying to sell off a very old unsold product to you. being 5.1, it could be some 6-7 years old card.

tkin

Back to school!!
Under 1k, there isnt any reputable brand. Go to the local shop and pick anyone like Enter, Intex etc, which offers 5.1 sound at affordable prices, and shud sound slightly better than onboard.
No they don't, I bought one from Enter and heck my onboard Realtek ALC1200 sounds a lot better, with Enter there was noise at high volumes and sound would crackle, never buy Enter stuff and Intex is The Devil incarnate, bought a headphone, wish I burned my 100/- note instead of buying it.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
instead of going for ASUS Xonar i can, go for a new mobo, cuz i told already my onboard sound is kaput so, sound card is only the alternative.

acewin

Point Blanc
little heads up for you.
*www.theitdepot.com/products-Sound-Cards_C18BRDP1.html
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
little heads up for you.
*www.theitdepot.com/products-Sound-Cards_C18BRDP1.html

second heads up.

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=505

your googling sucks big time dude.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Which speakers are you using btw? If the speakers are crappy ones, I don't see any reason even to waste money on one- but your case is different. The only good alternate I could see is either you get a SB value 5.1 for second hand for 500-700 bucks odd (I am pretty sure putting up many of you guys would have it), save 1.7k more and get a g31 board- or see if the onboard sound could be repaired. I am not saying you shouldn't spend 1k on a sound card, but putting 1.7k more fetches you a better board- what if some other problem comes from the board and after you realise that the onboard going kaput is sort of a sign that the board is "dying", you will have to cough up money to get a new board- think about the alternates I am talking about. Value cards does give better sound than onboard- that's for sure. I do not know about compatibility with windows 7.

Last edited:

ayushman9

Journeyman
Today i went to market and inquire about the sound card prices . He told me of 2 models that are currently available in Raipur(C.G)

Creative 5.1 (I think it is SB 5.1 or something like that ) - Rs 1.2k
Creative Audigy (He did not elaborate ) - Rs 1.8k

He suggested to me that as i have a 5.1 Speaker set (SBS A500) ,I should not go for audigy as it is meant only for 7.1 or 6.1 config and instead should invest on simple 5.1 as quality wise both are same (According to him ) and the only difference lies in no of pins (one extra for 7.1) and the sound difference can not be differentiated by ordinary ears .

I checked in their site and below are the links

Creative 5.1

Creative audigy value

both support EAX ,CMSS etc

and yes can any body could tell me the price of the below mentioned card and where can i buy it

Sound blaster 5.1 vx

So please suggest what should i get . I have also mentioned the speakers in case that is important . Please suggest me as i can literally save 500 to 600 rupees if I choose the right card.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I checked in their site and below are the links

Creative 5.1

Creative audigy value

both support EAX ,CMSS etc

and yes can any body could tell me the price of the below mentioned card and where can i buy it

Sound blaster 5.1 vx

So please suggest what should i get . I have also mentioned the speakers in case that is important . Please suggest me as i can literally save 500 to 600 rupees if I choose the right card.

Just get the Creative Audigy Value. I had it on my last system (got it for around rs 1300 or something, 3 years ago). It supports 5.1 channels and EAX. It is a good card, and as the name suggests 'VALUE', it is a value card.

If you are not a music aficionado then this card is good. It is any day better then the RealTEK chips we get on most motherboards. I remember it rendered all highs and lows pretty well on my el-cheopo 2.1 speakers. (PROMAX)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
You won't get anything worthwhile for under 1k. Go for the Creative Audigy, it's really OK for the price, I would reccomend it as I use it... I got mine for 1.4K, sure it is cheaper now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom