Suggest a new PSU

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hello guys, So my Corsair PSU VX 550 has started giving problems and it has passed its warranty of 5 years. The fan is making a lot of noise starting and shutting down and the pc when switched on, the psu keeps switching on and off untill eventually working. I am worried that this PSU will eventually damage by pc. So i am looking for a new RELIABLE PSU in the market. Budget is about 6000. I need a power supply equivalent or greater in efficiency and capacity compared to my current one.Could you please recommend some good psu?I also plan on upgrading my pc in future with maybe a new GPU soon. Also another point to note is that Please do not recommend any Corsair PSU's. They are simply terrible. Thanks.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thanks for the response. How are the seasonic psu's.Is it more reliable than corsair in terms of service and warranty. Also between the two suggested models, one is a gold and other bronze.Is it worth paying the premium for Gold. If assuming that i get a mid ranged graphics card in future(say about 10k) or so, will this psu be able to handle that extra load?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
S12G 550 will handle any single GPU system including 980 Ti. Seasonic PSUs will generally last its warranty period. S12II and M12II are based on an older circuit design and aren't 'certified'(but will work) for Haswell.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thanks a lot for the update [MENTION=311809]chimera201[/MENTION].Will update again once i get my hands on the psu.

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
CoolerMaster G550M 550 Watt

The GM Series is semi-modular to reduce the number of unnecessary cables for better cable management. The single +12V rail on all GM Series power supplies allows for superior load balancing and GPU compatibility.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Bumping my old thread for psu since I need one urgently.
I am going for a gtx 950 gpu. Would the above recommendations for psu still hold?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Bumping my old thread for psu since I need one urgently.
I am going for a gtx 950 gpu. Would the above recommendations for psu still hold?

Seasonic S12G 550w -6700.

Link:SEASONIC S12G-550 SMPS -- S12G SERIES 550 WATT 80 PLUS® GOLD CERTIFICATION WITH ACTIVE PFC (SSR-550RT

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Been inquiring for seasonic s12g in Mumbai and almost none of the stores I inquired have it they seem to have 520w model though.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Ordering from Md computers. Thanks [MENTION=311809]chimera201[/MENTION] [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=98840]ssb1551[/MENTION]

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Are you just posting for the heck of it?? Why would you mention "UPS" in this context? It is related nowhere near the opening post. Dija even read it? Good Lord!!

Hiesenberg

Broken In
^^Are you just posting for the heck of it?? Why would you mention "UPS" in this context? It is related nowhere near the opening post. Dija even read it? Good Lord!!

ha..ha..ha... naya hai wo

seems like he has to fulfill some quota for writing replies :p

Top Bottom