Suggest 40-42" Full HD LED TV

harshgupta16

Broken In
I am planning to buy a 40-42 inch Full HD LED TV. My preferred choice of brands are Sony and Samsung. The most important thing I am looking for in the TV is the picture quality. I'll be shifting from a Samsung CRT TV that my father imported from Korea in 1997, which had amazing picture quality, truly natural colors and almost HD-like sharpness and color ratios. I've seen LCD/LED/Plasmas everywhere and their artifitial picture quality does baffle me a bit. It's very synthetic, and if the viewing distance is less then it almost looks blurred.

So, my TV shoudl definitely be as close to natural colors as possible. I'm not too concerned with the audio quality as I'll most probably be buying a home theatre along with it. Another thing on the priority list is the various input methods. The USB input should be compatible with all the major video and audio codecs and format prevailing in the world right now e.g. avi, mp4, mkv etc etc.

Also, the price in INR should not exceed 70k because I'll be purchasing the same model from Dubai, if its available or the closest model to it. Also, someone tell me about international warranty.

OP
H

harshgupta16

Broken In
But don't Samsung LED's have the A-MVA panels which are considered far inferior to Sony's SPVA panels in terms of contrast ratior, black richness and viewing angles?

aroraanant

Explorer
Samsung panels are pretty good.
And their contrast ratio is better than sony, I suggest you to compare them side by side then you will got to know the difference.

Top Bottom