SUGGESIONS for a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
Hi guys.

I am about to buy a new laptop. My current one is an old hag, compaq c301TU. celeronM 1.6 @60gb HDD, 1.256 ram (added 1gig later).

My budget is about 50k. slightly flexible.

I will be using the machine for internet/ photoshopping. A bit of flash, downloading and some gaming will also be done.

Please give me all inputs. Thank you. I have a flexible time frame. I am in NO hurry. I can buy it in 2 weeks, and can also delay my purchase till feb. Also, any ideas on how and where to get the best deals would be welcome.

Thank you! cheers!:number1:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
here are your options:

Dell Studio 15
Acer Aspire 5739
Sony VAIO CW series

My pick would be Dell Studio 15.

you may also enquire about HP laptop as their pricing and model name structure is mighty confusing.

red dragon

Master troll
go for HP dv6 2005ax,superb bang for bucks,dont worry bout heating issues,with light gaming the temp is well under threshold,only problem is the battery,avg use lasts for 1hr 45 mins,over all it is better than studio 15 imho.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't go for the Dell one. It is not up to the mark for gaming. Mobility Radeon 3670 won't be able to play most of the 2009 demanding games even with low setting.

Go for HP Pavilion dv6-1308TX laptop. It is one of the most powerful gaming one

Config is
1. C2D 6600 (2.2 GHz, 2 MB L2, 800MHz FSB)
2. 4GB (2X2GB) 1066 MHz DDR3 ram (new standard, so future upgrade won't be any problem), supports upto 8 GB
3. 320 GB 7200 RPM SATA HDD
4. Mobility Radeon 4650 with 1 GB DDR3 m3mory (TC upto 2 GB)
5. 8X Lightscribe SuperMULTI DVD writer
6. Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
7. 4 USB 2.0(4th shared with eSATA port), HDMI, eSATA Combo, VGA, RJ-45, Expansion Port 3, 2 Headphones out, Microphone in, Consumer IR, AC Adapter, Integrated Fingerprint reader, IEEE 1394 Firewire

Price is around 54k

I think it is one of the best laptop and will satisfy all ur needs. Radeon 4650 is better than even Geforce GT240M and on the per with GTS250M.

Go for it.

OP
W

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
thank you cilius and red dragon. i was initially more inclined towards dell because it's easy to find dell stuff online and compare. HP site is cluttered and very confusing.

Anyway, @cilius, the price that you quote here is of which region? Also, how much does bargaining work with hp? Where in delhi would be the best place to buy hp?

plus, dell's service is good. Is hp good too? i havent heard very positive service things about hp. So your insights would be appreciated.

Thank you!

red dragon

Master troll
@wishmaster,both dell and hp give good service,i stay in kolkata and hp service is pretty good here,i think dell is a bit overpriced n regarding bargaining ,it depends on your skill:lol:usually it works with older models,in my case I bought my dv6 from a store which i know for a long time n i managed to squeeze one backpack ,one wired mouse ,i know its not much but that was the best i could do.A friend of mine bought one dv4 and managed to get a lot of goodies from the same shop.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
go for HP dv6 2005ax,superb bang for bucks,dont worry bout heating issues,with light gaming the temp is well under threshold,only problem is the battery,avg use lasts for 1hr 45 mins,over all it is better than studio 15 imho.

dude dv6 2005ax has radeon 4650....dont except a lot from its battery .. 2 hours is fine

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Hi guys.

I am about to buy a new laptop. My current one is an old hag, compaq c301TU. celeronM 1.6 @60gb HDD, 1.256 ram (added 1gig later).

My budget is about 50k. slightly flexible.

I will be using the machine for internet/ photoshopping. A bit of flash, downloading and some gaming will also be done.

Please give me all inputs. Thank you. I have a flexible time frame. I am in NO hurry. I can buy it in 2 weeks, and can also delay my purchase till feb. Also, any ideas on how and where to get the best deals would be welcome.

Thank you! cheers!:number1:
i suggest Hp dv6-2005ax...

my 2nd choice would be dell studio 15

OP
W

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
thank you for your reply guys.

i checked the on street price here (after whatever discount).

I am getting 1318tx for 51k.

I am also trying to squeeze in a back pack. I hate the hand bags hp gives for free.

More thoughts/laptops. Please advise. The hunt is still on.

Also, please let me know of any overheating issues. i ask specifically as i demoed a 1319tx today and found out that even while idling, the laptpo was pretty warm. So please share your thought/experiences about that.

Thank you!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
battery shouldn't be a problem. u can upgrade to 9 cell battery.
my t61 with quadro nvs 240 gives 4 to5 hr battery life on a 9 cell battery

OP
W

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
guys, any more suggestions?

i was looking to know some acer laptops and their performance/ after sales support.

Please provide your inputs. thank you

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
what is the current price of DV6 2005ax and DV6 1319tx? Are their any know issues in both of them?
@ssk_the_gr8 is 2005ax able to handle games like gta4 and burnout paradise??

OP
W

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
2005ax- 45k
1319tx- 52k

Delhi prices. If you find these very tempting and decide to buy, contact me, I can give you the dealer's contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom