hello everyone, my specs are

core2duo e7200
abit ip35E
2GB DDR2 corsair 800mhz ram
500W coolermaster powersupply
zebronics b2 cabinet
sapphire 4850

all running in stock...........
now the problem is when playn games like fallout 3 and cod world at war the fps suddenly dips from 90 to 19 and this happens frequently.....i dnt knw wat the reason is.....can sm1 help me out...........

OP
R

reoparker

Broken In
well when the temp. are over 100, the fans are at almost 100%....so wat u want to convey ethan.......the temp are the cause for the dip??????? and if they are can i RMA it with the dealer for high temp......

Shloeb

In the zone
I know his problem. Even i had this. Buddy open the cooler of the Card and blow the air from ur mouth in the holes from where the air comes out. A fur ball will surely come out from the cooler which is clogging the cooler. Even my cards temps were 105 degrees at load at 100% fan speed. But now that i cleaned it. It is 52 degrees at LOAD at 50% FAN SPEED. Amazing isn't it? :D

Btw the sudden drop in FPS is due to the temps. Because the card throttles back at 100 degrees due to high temps. No need to RMA it. Because after a month or so the new card will get clogged soon. So either buy an after market cooler or keep cleaning the current cooler. :) Btw i have order a cheap after market cooler for 500. After these my friend's cards temps were 45 degrees at load. ;) Mind u m in North India so temps can vary in ur place. PM me if u have any problems in cleaning up the cooler. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well when the temp. are over 100, the fans are at almost 100%....so wat u want to convey ethan.......the temp are the cause for the dip??????? and if they are can i RMA it with the dealer for high temp......
High temperatures can cause sudden frame drops or crashes. If not treated on time then either you'll fry your card or end up with artifacting issues. I had the same problems like every other 4850 user (with default cooler) but after adding an Accelero S1, the temps dropped insanely.

What are your idle temps? Try cleaning the card, like Sholeb suggested. I'm not sure if they will RMA it under the pretext of heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom