Such driver, much FPS, so speed! Nvidia posts its new GeForce 337.50 Beta drivers!

Gollum

Collector
Nvidia has posted a new driver - the GeForce 337.50 Beta driver
*media.bestofmicro.com/nvidia-geforce-337-5-driver,Y-S-430228-22.png
*media.bestofmicro.com/nvidia-geforce-337-5-driver,Y-R-430227-22.png
*media.bestofmicro.com/nvidia-geforce-337-5-driver,Y-Q-430226-22.png
*media.bestofmicro.com/Y/G/430216/original/1080p.png
*media.bestofmicro.com/Y/H/430217/original/1440p.png

more:
Tested: Nvidia's Performance-Boosting GeForce 337.50 Driver

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Good! I hope it will help me increase the 40 frames average to somewhat like 45 in Thief. But I know that's not gonna happen :|

Hrishi

Will try on my Nvidia GT640m , which is a bit overclocked. It's a lower end kepler mobile card , but still worth a try.

tkin

Back to school!!
There's only so much a driver can do, seems AMD and its mantle is putting a lot of pressure on nVidia, although I don't see mantle becoming popular in the near future, specially with DX12, most devs will go that way, still :D

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
I will not try this on mt gt640
It runs okay alerady

- - - Updated - - -

I will not try this on mt gt640
It runs okay alerady

gameranand

Living to Play
AMD still wins in optimization department. They have improved performance with leap multiple times in history where Nvidia failed to do so.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
AMD still wins in optimization department. They have improved performance with leap multiple times in history where Nvidia failed to do so.

AMD my @$$.
These cards cause problems when non-OEM and official reference drivers are installed. I am talking about mobile segment. The latest BETA drivers causes the Kernel to crash. No such problems in Nvidia.
They may have better optimization in latest drivers but to hell with optimization if we can't even fkin use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I update ?
Will it give any food gains over my current 335.23 driver

You should always be on latest drivers(even BETA) when using Nvidia.
People with AMD mobile cards shouldn't even bother installing anything other than OEM.

tkin

Back to school!!
AMD my @$$.
These cards cause problems when non-OEM and official reference drivers are installed. I am talking about mobile segment. The latest BETA drivers causes the Kernel to crash. No such problems in Nvidia.
They may have better optimization in latest drivers but to hell with optimization if we can't even fkin use them.

- - - Updated - - -

You should always be on latest drivers(even BETA) when using Nvidia.
People with AMD mobile cards shouldn't even bother installing anything other than OEM.
Smart people find smarter ways: *leshcatlabs.net/unifl-unified-leshcat-drivers/
And I am on the latest beta 14.2 without any issues(laptop).

I wouldn't say AMD had won in optimization department, what AMD had done is increase the quality of their software, while during 3870 days the driver would crash constantly now a days its as bug free as nVidia's drivers. And for a change we are seeing some new tech coming from them, like mantle, or promotions like never settle bundles etc.

And I'm not sure how long have you been using nVidia cards, but there was a time when their drivers fried cards by overheating them, then there was a time when the driver would cause a system crash when the monitor went to sleep(faced this issue for a long long time).

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Smart people find smarter ways: *leshcatlabs.net/unifl-unified-leshcat-drivers/
And I am on the latest beta 14.2 without any issues(laptop).

I wouldn't say AMD had won in optimization department, what AMD had done is increase the quality of their software, while during 3870 days the driver would crash constantly now a days its as bug free as nVidia's drivers. And for a change we are seeing some new tech coming from them, like mantle, or promotions like never settle bundles etc.

And I'm not sure how long have you been using nVidia cards, but there was a time when their drivers fried cards by overheating them, then there was a time when the driver would cause a system crash when the monitor went to sleep(faced this issue for a long long time).

Tried leash cat's stable release, same results.
1 year nvidia user. No issues whatsoever.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I'm using nvidia from 2008, with 9800gtx+, then gtx580, I've seen the bad sides of both.

Still I am sticking with the green camp for laptops, if I ever get around to build a desktop then I'll have to see because no trash switchable graphics in desktops.

Top Bottom