Sub 23,000 Video editing & gaming rig (without monitor)

d3p

PowerHouse
The retailer said he won't give warranty if there was any problem if I assembled it myself. So cud'nt shoot unboxing.

What do you mean by won't give any warranty ? Did you purchase this from black Market ?

Warranty is not given by the shop resellers alone, its from the company directly through the reseller. You can claim your warranty at any point, if there's a failure in the hardware with proper bills & warranty invoice.

BTW from which shop did you purchase in S.P Road.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
I purchased it from "The Computer Store", 1st floor, Vivek Complex, SP Road. I got the tax invoice also.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

He charged 1,300 for the PSU

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I tried the putting RAM in other socket. Same thing. Now it doesn't show Blue screen also. It just restarts after showing Windows logo.

d3p

PowerHouse
BTW why your reseller won't give warranty if it is assembled by yourself ???

IMO that PSU is a crap & post the purchased config with the price paid...

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
This is the final purchased system. Will post pics soon. Thanks for ur help :)

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE|6000
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H|3900
RAM |Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333 Mhz|1175
Graphic Card |MSI NGTS 450 Cyclone OC|6900
HDD |1 TB WD 64 MB cache|2550
PSU |MRON 700 W 12v rating of 35 A|1300
Case |Bulzer Warrior without SMPS|1000
DVD writer |LG 22X|775
Extra FAN |120 MM|200
| Total |25,000

lordirecto

In the zone
Do you have any other PSU with you? If you do, try to connect that to your new rig. Try to find out if your mobo is working fine.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

MRON PSU? God, MRON is a company based in Delhi dude!!

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
I have another PSU on another system. Its a default SMSP rated 400 WAtts. +12 V rating of 14 A. Shall I connect it or will it damage my system?

J

Joker

why will anyone go for a mron PSU over Corsair. :| if possible, return it please.

do one thing. boot ur system with mron psu but without GTS 450. use onboard VGA for a while and tell us what happens.
I have another PSU on another system. Its a default SMSP rated 400 WAtts. +12 V rating of 14 A. Shall I connect it or will it damage my system?
it will damage.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
I thought 700W watt PSU was enough even if it gave 60% of its rated watts. And its +12v rating was 35 A. Minimum required for my MSI card (with i7 3.4 ghz system) was 22 A. So I thought it would be fine.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

do one thing. boot ur system with mron psu but without GTS 450. use onboard VGA for a while and tell us what happens.

I am doing it already.

Forgot to mention 1 more symptom:
The CPU fan used to make loud sound (spinning very fast) while installing windows. and Temp of CPU was showing 42 Degree C and speed of CPU fan was around 3K-4K.

J

Joker

I thought 700W watt PSU was enough even if it gave 60% of its rated watts. And its +12v rating was 35 A. Minimum required for my MSI card (with i7 3.4 ghz system) was 22 A. So I thought it would be fine.
these companies cant even deliver their rated specs. we shouldnt judge by what these generic PSU companies say.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
What shall I do now?
Go to the retailer and ask him to resolve the problem?
Change the PSU?
Change the RAM?
or all of the above?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
okay, let us start afresh.

Remove your Graphic card and use on-board graphics for a while.
Go to BIOS and load Failsafe defaults.
Try some other Windows XP/7 disc - clean format.

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
It seems to be working!
I was already using onboard VGA.. and RAM is in 2nd slot... I loaded Failsafe defaults and rebooted. Same windows installation started working! Thanks ICO! but What could have been the problem? Any further action required? (such as changing PSU?)

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

My board, Gygabyte 880g GM UD2H is Revision 1.4... The latest Rev is 2.2 or 2.0... Is that ok? will a BIOS update upgrade it to Rev 2.2?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

The problem jst returned. I was installing mobo drivers and its started restarting again and again after windows logo. The CPU fan was roaring at high speed. What do I do now??

OP
M

Max_Power

Broken In
Tried installing Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. It got stuck in early stages of Install. So I installed Win XP SP2. It got thru the install but now this!

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see that you've bought a Transcend RAM. Can you run memtest86+ and tell the result?

Download the ISO from here: *www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.iso.zip and burn on a CD.

Top Bottom